The Bathroom Stall|Note Sixty-Six

Dedicated to Sarah because she is lovely <3

Note Sixty-Six

"Woah, let's stop for a second, okay?" I said, raising my fork in the air at Jacklyn. "Wait, why did you never tell me your relationship was going downhill? Why did you never tell me about Jersey? And isn't it not cheating since you had broken up with him?"

Jacklyn slumped down, her shoulders sloping downwards as she sighed. "Like I told you, I've always wanted that perfect ending. Everything in my life had to be near perfection, because otherwise, I would have forced it to be. I wanted Robb and I to work, and I tried so hard."

She wiped away a couple of tears, and took a deep breath. "I just got so upset one day. And I broke up with him. But when I kissed Jersey in the bathroom? I felt so awful, like I was cheating, so awful that I got back together with Robb. Now that he's cheated on me? I can't blame him, but it hurts so damn much."

"And where do I come into this?" I asked.

"Well the girl who he cheated with wrote some note on that one bathroom stall and then sent a picture to him. He freaked out or something when I saw it, and then blamed it on you. I believed him because I wanted to, because I didn't want the relationship to be ruined. I am so sorry Cora."

Ignoring her apology, I folded up my napkin. "Are you still dating him?"

"We're taking a break." Jacklyn's face crumpled up. "He's taking that Sierra girl to Homecoming."

"I'm sorry."

Jacklyn waved away my apology. "Don't be. I just won't go to Homecoming this year."

 I nodded absentmindedly, tossing my napkin into the trash can and standing up.

"Cora?"

"Yeah?"

Looking up at me, Jacklyn leaned forward. "Do you think you can forgive me?"

I shrugged, refusing to look her in the eye. "I don't know. I think you should go now."