The Bathroom Stall | Note Sixty

Note Sixty

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

Be ready. A storm's coming.

Sent: 9/18 3:40 p.m.

My thumb rested over the message from yesterday, while kicking off my shoes and heading upstairs. Sam had left ten minutes, scratch that, I had left a begging Sam on the porch ten minutes ago.

Entering my room, I massaged my neck and sighed.

A storm's coming...

Looking down at the screen, I wondered if the storm had already occurred, with Sam asking me to Homecoming. The whole point of the Creepy Stalker was to keep me away from a certain boy. Could he be referring to Sam and his idiotic decision?

From: Sam Whitten To: Cora Roberts

Hey, I'm sorry. Friends?

Sent: 9/19 7:49 p.m.

I rolled my eyes, mentally slapping my hand on my forehead, and ignored his message. Just as I was about to set down my phone, it buzzed in my hand.

I swore to God if it was Sam...

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts

Can we talk?

Sent: 9/19 7:51 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz

Uh, sure. Now?

Sent: 9/19 7:51 p.m.

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts

Yes. My house.

Sent: 9/19 7:52 p.m.

I frowned slightly at her messages. It was understatement to call Jacklyn a smiley face whore. Her texts were always peppered with emoticons, except now they weren't. Which wasn't a good sign.

Sighing, I quickly changed into a pair of short and a t-shirt, grabbing my keys from the nightstand.

From: Creepy Stalker To: Cora Roberts

Do you have any life vests? You'll be needing them.

Sent: 9/19 7:58 p.m.

I was wrong by assuming that the storm had ended. I was in the calm. Before the storm.

***