The Bathroom Stall | Note Sixty-One

Note Sixty-One

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz

Hey, I'm outside your house right now.

Sent: 9/19 8:15  p.m.

"Cora?" The door to Jacklyn's house opened, revealing a messed up Jacklyn. Her blond hair was everywhere and her eyes were red and watering.

"Hey Jacklyn. Oh my gosh, are you alright?" I asked, rushing up the driveway to the door.

"No. Come in." Jacklyn replied, her answered clipped and cold. She gestured for me to enter, and I did, kicking off my shoes and turning to face her.

"What's wrong?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

Jacklyn narrowed her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "You know what's wrong."

I shifted, running a hand through my hair. "Um, is this about Robb? Because I was going to tell you but then you cancel-"

"I cannot believe you." She seethed, throwing her hands up in the air. "How could you do that to me Cora? I know you don't like Robb, but to make up this lie? It's ridiculous."

Shocked, I took a step back, my legs hitting the back of a table. "What are you talking about?"

Jacklyn rolled her eyes. "Don't play dumb with me, Cora. Just because I'm not nearly as smart as you are, doesn't mean that I'm a dumbass."

"What are you talking about?"

Jacklyn reached into her back pocket and pulled out her phone, handing it to me. On the screen was a shot of the Bathroom Stall, with Sierra's note confessing that Robb had cheated with her.

"I know that's your hand writing."

Panic shot through me. Had Jacklyn finally figured out that I was the mysterious Bathroom Stall?