The Bathroom Stall|Note Seventeen

Note Seventeen

The first stage of cellular respiration is glycolysis, in which glucose is transformed in an array of steps to form pyruvate, which will then go through the Krebs Cycle. In plants and animals, glycolysis is at work, but for plants, they go through anarobic respiration so that they do not move onto the Krebs Cycle. Instead they-

"Ah, Mr. Tucker! It's nice to see you today! What can I help you with?" Mr. Risling asked, stopping his dull lecture, to which I was writing sloppy notes for, to smile at the figure standing at the door.

Turning, seeing Terrence out of the corner of my eye, I realized that Tucker, the scowling best friend of Sam, was there, looking uncomfortable as everyone stared at him.

"I've transferred into this class...?" He said, taking a couple steps forward to hand a small slip of paper to Mr. Risling, who slid on his glasses and nodded.

"Well my boy, why don't you take a seat right.... here?"

My stomach dropped a little as I realized that the bio teacher had pointed to the seat next to me, and Tucker's seemed to as well, because his face turned stiff and he gave me a curt nod before setting his stuff down, his body angled slightly away from me. Ever since I started tutoring Sam every other day, him being there, watching almost like a surly guardian, he hadn't said really anything to me, just observed and scowled everytime Sam tried to flirt with me.

"Well, now that we're situated..."

-without oxygen, go split into smaller molecules, OH included, and make ATP and alcohol, or another form, which is why we use yeast for baking because it releases oxygen so baked goods can rise, and yeast for making beer.

I could use some yeast right now...