Threats And Possessiveness

Chapter 24  

         "What? What do you mean? I told you I went to see Darcy." I frowned as I looked at her through the mirror, I tried to pretend I didn't know what she was referring to. She shook her head.

         "No, I'm talking about your neck," she said as she slightly touched my neck. I recoiled a bit standing  next to her, the minute her fingers came to contact with my skin. My neck looked really raw with marks of Darcy's fingers still quite visible and almost flashing red. Jesus. "Did Darcy do this to you?"

          I smiled to try to make this not seem like such a big deal. "It's nothing to frown over, I'm sure it looks worse than it actually is."

           The lines on her forehead creased even deeper as she watched me walk away from her and go into the bathroom. "Charlotte, don't defend him. He put his hands on you and that's not okay." She said, following me because I knew she wouldn't let it go.

           "It's nothing to fret about. I promise that he didn't mean to."

           "Listen, I like Darcy just fine but the minute he put his hands on you, then we have a problem." She stood there as I turned on the faucet in the bath tub. I just needed to take a bath and relax a bit.

          "Rose, I'm fine, really. It was just something stupid that happened, that's all." I smiled as a reassurance before getting into the tub that was currently filled with warm water and soap. "It's not going to happen again."

        "You bet your ass it's not going to happen. I'm going to call Darcy myself and give him a piece of my mind. You don't mess with my sister." She said and she sat down on the toilet. I smiled before closing my eyes, the water was like silk on my skin.

         "I probably shouldn't tell you that Jemma is here then?" I murmured as I enjoyed the feeling of the water while the bubbles popped all around me.

           "She's here? Since when? Where is she at? Don't tell me she's at his place."

           "She sure is, I left her there before I came home. I'm just so tired of all of it. I'm honestly thinking about cutting ties with him." I answered as I popped one eye open to watch her reaction.

           She rolled her eyes and flushed the toilet even though she didn't even use it. "I still remember you saying something about being on a Darcy detox and somehow yesterday, you ended up at his place."

         "That wasn't really my fault, I blame it on the alcohol. I was drunk as hell. You should have kept a better eye on me." I told her, closing my eyes again. "What did Christian say when I left?" I asked her.

           "He first started looking around and when we finally realized you had left, he was a bit surprised that you would just leave without saying a thing to either of us." She explained.

            I felt really freaking bad for that. I had no right to put them in this position. They were my friends, the least I could have done was to let them know of my leaving so that they wouldn't worry about me. To just leave a club just like that without a word was inconsiderate of me and I had to apologize.

           "I'm sorry Rose, I suck, I'll make sure to give Christian a call today to apologize." I told her sincerely as I decided then that I was done with my bath so I got up and asked Rose to pass me my towel, which she did before I got out of the bubbly water,  the minute I heard my phone ring again.

         History had thought me that I couldn't run or stay away from Darcy for too long. Bad shit happened when I did and I would be insane to want a repeat what had happened last night.