Chapter 2: Meet the Gang

Boe led me around my dorm as part of his all-inclusive tour. Each dorm was about the size of a regular two bedroom two bath  apartment. The living room, complete with a mini fridge, duel loveseat, upright piano, coffee table, flat screen TV, and various gaming consoles, was the first place you entered once in the dorm.

The kitchen was the next room, to the left. It had a fully stocked pantry and a plethora of cooking tools that would make any chef jealous.

    As for the décor, it was divine. I loved the egg shell coloured walls that ran through the entire household and the classy Victorian style windows.

We walked down a long hallway to the right of the living room, towards the bedrooms. They were on either side of the hall. On the way, Boe explained that each bedroom had a personal bathroom attached to it.

At the end of the hallways, I glanced right. A door was partly open, giving me a glimpse into the life of my dorm mate. Unlike the exterior walls, the inside of her room was painted black and red. Posters of the latest boy bands and swoon worthy actors littered walls. The bed matched the colour scheme, adorning a dark red hue. And hanging on the closest, was a pair of red boxing gloves. Brooke's desk was covered in papers; last minute scribbles and notes were printed in a pretty scrawl. 

    In contrast to Brooke's bold room was my soon-to-be-bedroom. Sheets were stripped to reveal a white mattress, and the walls were the same shade as the rest of the dorm. Plain.

    "Got some fixing up to do, huh?" Mused Boe as he surveyed the blank canvas.

    "I love it already!" I exclaimed. Turning this room into my own would take hours, but it was going to be time well spent.

    Boe motioned to a screen attached to the wall, something I undoubtedly overlooked in my haste to take in the room, "Here you can change the room design."

To demonstrate, he entered something into the screen; suddenly, my drawer turned light pink.

    "How did you do that?"

    "Magic," he winked, taking the tablet from the wall and handing it to me.

    Fascinated, I typed large hot pink closet into the device; instantly my drawer transformed into a large wardrobe like Brooke's. The rest was history. My four poster cot was elevated to a wooden twin, with pink and purple covers. The floor went from hard wood to white carpeted. And egg shell white walls converted themselves to light lavender.

I added a few things into the mix as well: a white desk with a matching overhead lamp, a little flat screen TV, white lace curtains with white blinds, and a small vanity set. When the room was to my liking, I put the tablet back, smiling. The whole customization had taken all but fifteen minutes.

    Soon thereafter, we began the process of unpacking. I saved my clothes for last; we were only supposed to get a portion unpacked right now. When Boe asked which bag to open first, I directed him to a light blue case. Boe openly gaped when he pried it open. Inside was my most prized collection. Row upon row of knifes and daggers lined the suitcase, organized by hilt colour and size. 

Pushing past him, I opened up a foldable platform within the case, revealing several layers of weaponry. My Cherrywood bow, complete with its white quiver and silver arrows sat underneath my blades. Boe couldn't stop staring. I couldn't blame him.

    "Are you secretly in the mafia?" He waved his hands frantically at my suitcase.

    "No, I'm just a Northerner. It's normal to carry this many. Luna! Will you stop staring? This is only a sixth of my collection at home." I exasperated.