Chapter 10: We Interrupt this Meeting for-

"And I got a promotion; meet your new Gamma! I'll admit, it was really difficult to get used to the responsibility, but all is well now. I've also become really close with this one boy. We're not that close, but we're good friends." I told Amaro and James early in the morning.

"That's great to hear Princess. Only five days after the full moon, and look at what you've accomplished." The fair-haired Captain smiled, before his face went serious. "Now tell us more about this boy. Start with name, age, race, description. Does he know you're a Princess? Details Mae, details."

"Well he's my age. And his name is Boe. That's all I'm telling you," I huffed.

The Captain's eyebrows were raised, sky-blue eyes questioning. I guess he was surprised that I was withholding information. Amaro asked for a picture; I denied his request. We talked for a little while longer, with James still astonished, before we signed off.

"Stay safe Mae. We miss you!" They chorused.

"Will do. Bye!"

As soon as my laptop had snapped shut, I went to brush my teeth. When I returned, Brooke opened my door.

"Mae! You have to wear your uniform today, we're hosting dignitaries," she informed, already in uniform.

I went to my closet. My black slacks, citrine blouse, and dark green vest still sat untouched in the corner.

~~*~~

Once we were both dressed, we stepped out the door. For some originality, I added a forest green infinity scarf to my outfit. Then, I slipped on some brown cowboy boots. My hair was done in a long, side fishtail braid.

And even though they would be covered, I put a necklace on. It had a wolf head on it. In between the wolf's ears lay a crescent moon, and the animal's forehead bore a large star. It was the North Star, so that I could always find my way home. The charm was a symbol of my family.

As if completely planned, the boys exited their dorm around the same time as us. Both of them looked polished. Mike had rolled up his dress shirts' sleeves above his elbows. Boe had his hair aggressively spiked at the front; I practically drooled over that look.

After some quick morning greetings, we all traversed to the gym.

~~*~~

Boe whispered to me as we joined the assembled wolf pack in the gym. "I'm wondering why the school has visitors. The last time we had some, it was the President himself, responding to a report of some students performing black magic. Needless to say, those students were expelled. But these people have to be important, or else the school wouldn't have made us dress up."

"Maybe they're sponsors of the school."

"That would explain a lot, in regards to the Robotics Club; we got a huge grant this month."

"Robotics? You're into that stuff? I could never have guessed."

"Well, looks can be deceiving. And it seems someone over here is curious. Why don't you come and swing by at lunch?"

I agreed. He gave me directions.

Then conversations ceased as Headmistress Brina entered with a group behind her. They made their way to the centre of the gym. The group held themselves prestigiously, an air of confidence radiating from them.

The headmistress gestured to the group beside her. "Students, I would like you to welcome the Salaway's, they are a high class Benedanti family from the South. As well, I would like you to meet King Dalair and Queen Maru of the Northern wolf pack."