08 | rehearsals

_________________

_________________

R E H E A R S A L S

_________________

Kathy: Why hasn't he made a move on me yet?

Lana: (shrugs) Maybe he's waiting for you to make the first move.

Kathy: But he's Joe. He's a player. (sighs) Maybe he just doesn't like me that much.

Lana: (laughs) I thought you said you're not interested in him.

Kathy: (lying) I'm not! I'm just . . . (pauses, then sighs) I just want to make sure that I'm good enough for him that he would kiss me. (pauses again) Maybe I do like Joe.

_________________

A A R O N

_________________ 

A few days had passed since Arielle's first week finishing the filming of a tv show process. I hadn't seen her since then, and some part of me felt empty without her. Throughout the entire weekend, I'd been staring at my phone, hoping to get a text or call from her. But she didn't text or call.

So you can imagine my smile the moment I saw her again after what felt like forever.

"Hey," I smiled.

She grinned back at me. I desperately wanted to talk to her again. Whenever it was just Arielle and I, I would always get this sensation that I actually wasn't a celebrity and that I was . . . normal.

Then, she walked away. Without a word.

I looked to see where Arielle had gone, and there she was, talking and laughing with Caden seconds after I smiled at her. My fingers curled into a fist. I squinted my eyes, hoping to read their lips. Then, I noticed her cheeks turn a pale hue of pink.

Is she blushing?

She's blushing because of him?

That son of a-

"Aaron, you okay?" Liv asked sincerely. "You look red."

I grunted, "I think Arielle's avoiding me."

I felt my chest expanding. I was breathing too roughly out of anger.

She laughed, her blonde curls bouncing. "Pussy."

"What?"

She rolled her eyes. "Did you even look at the script?"

I bit my lip. I completely forgot. How could I had forgotten when I had the whole weekend? I even drove here without the slightest remembrance that we were rehearsing today.