16 | off screen

_________________

_________________

O F F  S C R E E N

_________________

Kathy: I don't even like you that much, I swear.

Joe: Your kisses beg to differ.

_________________

A R I E L L E

_________________

"Arielle," Aaron breathed, pulling his lips apart from mine.

I held his face in my hands, longing for the taste of his soft lips against mine once again. "Mm?" 

"Arielle," he stated again.

With my eyes closed, I pressed my forehead against his and intertwined our fingers, barely caring about what he was going to say. I just wanted to kiss him. "Shh, you're ruining the moment."

He stroked his fingers through my hair and said, "I just wanted to hear your voice to make sure this was real."

I laughed and laid my head in the space between his shoulder and neck. "You are so cheesy. No wonder you star in a TV drama."

He smiled at me and lifted my chin before placing his lips on mine once more.

And there it was.

The sparks.

The first time Aaron and I kissed, I was honestly relieved that I hadn't felt anything. There were no sparks, no butterflies, nothing. It was such a relief for me, knowing that I wouldn't have to get sucked into falling in love with my coworker and become succumbed to the typical celebrity drama that I hoped I would avoid as an actress.

This time was different. There were no cameras, no lights, no crew members shouting at us and telling us how to kiss properly. 

There were things about the way Aaron kissed me that I hadn't even noticed the times we kissed on set. I didn't realize the way his lips had a hint of salt lingering on them, although that must've been the ocean. The way he smiled against my lips and the way I could nearly feel his dimples deepening against the palm of my hands as I held his face knowing he wanted my hands there.