12 | dialogue

_________________  

_________________  

D I A L O G U E

_________________

Joe: (suddenly) Let's go on a date tonight.

Kathy: (confused) What? Where?

Joe: Just wear something pretty. (winks and exits room)

_________________

A R I E L L E

_________________

"Are you okay now?" Tess asked sweetly, as I walked across the parking lot of my complex.

I sighed, "Honestly, not really. Since I don't have a publicist as of now, I guess I'll just have to wait until the news dies down."

Tess shrugged. "I dunno, Ari. Your Aaron's girlfriend, and he's essentially the most famous guy in America right now. Whatever you do will always lead to him."

"I know, but I chose to be an actress. If that means dealing with all this, then so be it." I unlocked my car and sat inside. "Do you wanna come?"

Her jaw fell open. "Really?" she asked with hope flashing in her eyes.

"Sure."

"You've never asked me before! I thought I just wasn't allowed, and I-"

I rolled my eyes and interrupted, "Just get in the car."

She smiled eagerly and hopped into the passenger seat.

* * *

"Morning," I stated gleefully to one of the workers as I walked into the set. Today we would be filming in Set B, which was the setting of a park. The more I came here, the more I learned about the different sets throughout the entire building.

"Arielle Bridges has arrived," a man said to his earpiece. He pointed dubiously at Tess.

"A friend of mine," I answered, grinning.

Tess nudged me in my shoulder and gasped in awe. "I can't believe you're a real actress now! You're like, like . . . Blake Lively or something!"

"I am nowhere near that kind of perfection," I laughed.

She ceased walking for a moment and paused to gawk at me. She smiled weakly and held a hand to her chest. "My baby is all grown up!" she said proudly, pinching my cheek.

I slapped her hand away before any of my cast members saw us and continued walking. "Remind me to never invite you here ever again."

She giggled and looked around the set curiously, landing her eyes on Aaron. She pointed at him and said annoyingly, "And there's your Ryan Reynolds."