09 | filming

_________________

F I L M I N G

_________________

Jane: Do you still like me?

Joe: No. Do you?

Jane: (sighs) No.

Joe: Then what's the problem?

Jane: (almost crying) I just don't want anyone else to get hurt by you. Kathy doesn't deserve it.

Joe: I care about Kathy, and that's all that matters.

_________________

A R I E L L E

_________________

"Great job today guys," the man, whom I found out was named Mike, said.

I glanced to see if Aaron was around, hoping he had already left, but no, he was talking to Tyler. Picking up my feet, I ran as fast and subtle as I could to the door.

Before I could lift the handle, Aaron appeared next to me, as if he had been there the entire time. I whispered a curse and glared at him with a strong irritation.

"Excuse me, but you're blocking the door," I sneered, but I said it more kind than intended.

"So that's why you were avoiding me?" Aaron chuckled. He shook his head, amused. "Because you were afraid to kiss me?"

My face burned with red. I didn't want to talk to him at all.

I hated him.

But I knew deep down, I really didn't. In this moment, I hated myself.

Despite the embarrassing feeling, I found myself staring attentively into his white teeth and supple lips; his perfect smile. It made me feel nostalgic, and suddenly I recalled how long it had been since we last hung out. I tried not to think this way because we only met a while ago, and I didn't want to come off as desperate.

Still, I couldn't help but remember the few times we hung out and how much fun we had had. I wasn't lying when I said Aaron was an amazing companion.

But the feeling vanished as quickly as it came with the remembrance of the words he told me just a few hours ago.

"Of course not," I huffed, even though I told him earlier that the kiss scene was, in fact, truly weird for me. I hoped he didn't remember. "Anyways, I have better things to do than talk to you, so please leave."

He groaned, pulling back my arm before I could turn away. "Listen, I'm sorry for earlier. In all honesty, I hadn't read the script. I just pretended-"

"Pretended to listen to me?" I scoffed. Him admitting that maybe it wasn't his intent to annoy me was in all honesty, comforting, but I decided that I was too stubborn to believe him. "I got to go."

"Arielle-"

"You're an actor, right? If so, can you please act like a mature adult for once and move?" I said, shoving him past the door.

I left the building with a lump in my throat. I always felt a pit in my stomach whenever I would try to be rude. The pit became deeper knowing I was talking to Aaron, who I know is a truly nice guy.