01 | fame

_________________

_________________

F A M E

_________________

Logan (best friend): You have to stop messing with girls all the time. One day, they're gonna break your heart instead of you breaking theirs.

Joe: The day that happens. (chuckles)

Logan: (annoyed) I can't wait until you find the one. You'll finally realize what it's like to get hurt.

_________________

A A R O N

_________________

She was different.

I'm not the kind of typical cliche person who believes in true love or love at first sight or any type of love at all. In fact, sometimes I wonder if humans were ever meant to love. Who knows, maybe the universe only let humans love to continue the species' growth span. If there is ever such thing as love, then how would you know if it's true? She didn't know, either.

Let me rephrase everything I just said, I was the guy who didn't believe in true love. She changed that.

Someone like me could never believe that romance existed in the real world, especially a person who's life consisted of fake relationships and acting like Mr. Perfect to please those who needed to see me as pure perfection. You'd think a celebrity's life is all luxury and money when really, it becomes difficult trying to please the public eye when all people do is judge me for who I am. She understood.

It was she who made believe there could be such love in this messed up world.

And the sad part is, I don't even know who she was.

* * * f l a s h b a c k * * *

I glanced up as soon as I heard footsteps walk towards my way. A shadow followed the trail to the bench of mine. Of course they weren't going to me, they didn't know who I was after all. I let my elbows rest on my thighs, still letting my deep thoughts roll in.

"Can I sit?" the voice asked shyly as they continued to look down at their toes.

"Sure," I replied without thinking.

She sat down at the other side of the bench, tapping the heel of her shoes apprehensively. I took a quick glance at her and couldn't help but notice her odd outfit. A blue dress wrapped tightly around her body, complimenting her gentle curves.

She must've realized I was staring because she immediately spoke up. "The dress is for a film project," she answered, as if she could read my thoughts. "A stupid one, really."