14 | celebrities

_________________   

_________________   

C E L E B R I T I E S

_________________ 

  Kathy: Where are you bringing me this time?

Joe: A party, of course.

_________________ 

A R I E L L E

_________________

"Hello?" I said, with my phone leaning against my ear.

"Hey, yesterday was fun," Aaron said over the phone. I exhaled a breath of relief. I was glad things were back the way they were. A part of me was afraid that he would mention our argument.

"You know what else would be fun?" Aaron continued.

"Binge watching How I Met Your Mother?" I joked.

"A party."

"Party?" I repeated. Knowing Aaron's title, this wouldn't be the average college frat party. "Like a Hollywood party with celebrities and stuff?"

It wasn't that I disliked parties. In fact, I usually look forward to them, but not parties with people like Aaron. I wasn't ready for the world of celebrities and their money and fame. I'm not even ready for a world of people with money.

"Come on, it'll be fun, plus great publicity." I rolled my eyes. Aaron continued, "This is my way of mending things between us again. Please! It's this actress' birthday party. Her name is Mila-"

"Mila Tipton?" I gasped, cupping my hands over my lips. My heart pounded against my chest as I struggled to find the words to describe how ecstatic I was. "I heard that her birthday's coming up! Oh - I've heard so many things about her parties! Is it really her?"

"No, it's a girl from high school."

"Oh," I sighed, blowing my lips.

"I'm joking."

The sarcasm suddenly registered in my mind as I realized that Aaron was home-schooled. I rolled my eyes, but quickly screamed with exhilaration through the phone. I was acting like a foolish fangirl, but that's exactly what I was.

"Goodbye ears," Aaron remarked. I imagined him wincing. "I'm guessing that's a yes?"

"I have to go get ready!" I smiled, hanging up. 

For once, I was going to feel normal, like I do belong here in L.A. Like I am a serious actress.

I began to laugh at my own thoughts. A few years ago, I would never label going to a famous actress's house for a Hollywood party as 'normal' .