10 | lights

_________________

_________________

L I G H T S

_________________

Student 1: (whispers to Student 2) Who's that girl?

Student 2: (smirks) (whispers back to Student 1) That's Joe's new girlfriend. The new girl.

Student 3: Wow, I figure Jane was the one for him. Maybe he'll always be just a player.

Student 4: Oh, please. The new girl is just the beginning for Joe.

Student 3: I'm not surprised. We all fell for him. I'm just shocked that he stuck with Jane for so long.

Kathy: (turns around) (faces students) Yeah, I am with Joe. Do you guys have a problem with that? I'm truly sorry, I had no idea that you all have the right to choose our lives and relationships. (rolls eyes and turns around)

_________________

A R I E L L E

_________________

"What do you want now, Aaron?" I said, leaning my phone against my ear.

He called approximately eight times. I finally caved in once I got tired of hearing my ring tone going off every few minutes.

"I just want to explain."

His voice sounded the same as always, but this time more hoarse. I resisted a grin. I missed him, in all honesty. I missed our friendship.

"Now's not the time."

I glanced around the mall, leaning side by side with Tessa. We had decided to go to the mall as soon as Liv left after the hours we'd talk to her. She kept hitting my shoulder as we passed stores that had "SALE" signs on their windows, but I shushed her and mouthed "It's Aaron." She nodded her head, winking.

"I'm sorry, okay? I honestly didn't know what I was saying. I was zoning out and-"

I groaned. "Aaron, please. I'd rather not hear you whine right now. Today's the only day I could go shopping. I'll talk to you another time."

Tess rolled her eyes at me. The annoying person she is believed that one day Aaron and I would somehow fall for each other, even though I've told her numerous times that it was strictly acting. The concept was insane, and simply unrealistic.