11 | television

(a/n: this is liv)

(a/n: this is liv)

_________________

T E L E V I S I O N

_________________

Kathy: You said you'd be there.
Joe: I'm sorry.

_________________

A A R O N

_________________

"Please don't tell me you actually said that to her," Nick said, slanted against my bed frame. "Do you know nothing about girls?"

"Says the guy who hasn't had a girlfriend since . . ." I paused. "You haven't had a girlfriend."

"You haven't either! Unless you count your porn star publicity bait girlfriends," he joked, throwing popcorn into his mouth. "Except for Arielle. I like her."

I rolled my eyes. We were watching football in my room, which was essentially a daily occurrence for us. A few minutes ago, I had told Nick about my scene with Arielle and her melodramatic reaction.

"Did you tell her that you didn't know what you were saying and that you're actually a douchebag who doesn't listen to his girlfriend?" he asked.

"1. She won't listen to me, and 2. She's not my girlfriend. It's not my fault I don't listen to her when she speaks!" I said defensively.

But from what I had just said aloud, I realized that it was indeed, precisely my fault.

"Aaron, that's all that girls want you to do. For you to listen to them, and for you to care."

I snorted. "That's ridiculous. Where do you get this stuff?"

He shrugged carelessly. "I listen to a lot of Taylor Swift."

I was about to reply when the sound of emo, rock music engulfed my ears. I winced, pressing onto my ear and peeking at Nick, who had an immediate reaction parallel to mine.

I groaned, sitting up from the floor and stomping to the other room.

"Leah! Turn that music down!" I screeched, banging my knuckles onto the wooden door.

The music paused as my younger sister turned the door knob and left a slither of the door open. Noticeably irritated, she sneered, "What do you want?"

"Turn that horrible music down," I demanded. "I know you're going through your 'phase' or whatever, but I'm trying to watch TV, so keep your angst to yourself."

Nick nodded his head monotonously.

"No," she said frankly.

"Please."