Twelve

Unedited.

.

.

I fit all the puzzles together and there's only one thing that's going to happen after this. I slowly stand up from my chair trying to make a run of it.

Adrenaline kicks through me as I run as fast as I can towards the awaiting door. It seems like

As soon as I sprinted for the door, Louis figure is already standing there blocking my way. I tried to push him away but the attempt was useless – he didn't even move a bit.

"No! You can't do this to me!" I protested.

"Love, it's okay. No one's going to hurt you." Louis tried to comfort.

"I can't let it happen again! Move!" I said while reaching for the knob.

I cried in frustration as Louis' body remain there, unmoving as I hit his chest trying to get him away. Profanities left my mouth as I pull his arm.

Two hands wrapped around my torso lifting me up from the ground. I toss around trying to free myself from the grip but, nothing works. I was placed on the dental chair and Louis is immediately on my side, trying to comfort me.

"Listen to me!" He said grabbing my hand making my head snap towards his direction.

"Please, Louis. I can't. Please, don't do it." I begged.

He slowly caresses my hair as tears stream down my face, "Shh... it's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of. I'm here. Niall is just going to completely painless thing."

I shake my head in denial, "You're lying."

Niall steps in front of me and caresses my cheeks, "I'm not gonna hurt you, princess. We'll take thing really really/ slow. You're in total control."

My heart is hesitant but Niall's comforting words makes me melt into his embrace. His arms wrap around my neck as he consoles my crying. He continues to whispers comforting words and rubs my back.

"If you want, Louis can do the procedure and I'll be here to hold your hand," he negotiated.

"No!" My response was fast and immediate. Although Louis already apologized for what he did, I still don't trust him with the tools in my mouth. I notice Louis' hurtful face but he recovers immediately and holds my hand to offer comfort.

"Alright, alright. You have nothing to be worried about. It's going to be alright." Niall said and lifts my body up. He carries me to the dental chair awaiting and carefully put me down. My hands immediately grip the armrest holding it for dear life.

I hear the clinking sound of the tools behind me but then the sound of rolling chair can be heard as Louis rolls the chair towards me. He gives me a reassuring smile while gently prying one of my hand and giving it a tight squeeze.

Niall removes his lab coat and stand in front me only wearing a pair of scrubs while holding a lead vest, "First, we're going to take an x-ray first."

"C- Can Louis stays?" I asked timidly hoping that the Irish man say yes.

Both man looking to each other having a silent conversation – which I don't understand on how they communicate. I see Louis nodding his head and Niall did the same, "Just for this time, he can."

I smile in appreciation, "Thank you."

"Anything for you, princess." He said giving me a pat on the shoulder.

Niall then wheels the portable x-ray machine towards me. He hands both me and Louis a lead vest to be put on. Niall walks out of the room leaving the two of us in the cold room.