four

Harry's Point Of View

I searched Isabel's file in my computer and click on it. I scrolled down on her file and I almost had a heart attack when I saw her last report.

Patient's name: Isabel Marie Smith

Patient's ID: 875634

Date of Birth: April 4th, 2000, 09:33 hrs

Allergy(s): Dust, any anxiety medication including Haloperidol

Disease(s): Asthma

Last doctor's visit: April 13th, 2006

I took in a deep breath trying to compose myself. How can a child not see a doctor for a very long time? It's April 2014 now so it has been 8 years since she had a  doctor visit - which also means she had missed lots of physical exams and shots.

Just my luck.

I sigh and called the nurse working with me today. "Susan, you can ask Isabel to come in now. Thanks." She nodded and went away. I gathered all the equipments needed for today and put it on the tray provided.

Since Isabel has a bit of a situation on doctors and hospital - and basically everything related to the medicine field, I decided to use the less harming looking equipments first. As I was about to put the otoscope on my table, I heard some yelling outside my room. I opened my door and saw Miss Warren pulling Isabel's arm while Isabel was crying hysterically under a chair.

"What is this mess about?" I said raising my voice a bit.

This however doesn't help the situation and Isabel's crying got worse. I took in a deep breath while trying to calm myself and began to plan on how to solve the problem.

"-stop being a little brat and get out of there now!" She continues to shout.

I gently placed my hand on Miss Warren's shoulder and she turns to face  me," I'm sorry for wasting your time, doctor. She's just being a brat and let me solve this." She explained.

I knew that Isabel wasn't being a brat. I could see the pure fear in her eyes and heavy breathing which shows that she's really petrified. 

One of the symptoms that she's going to have a panic attack.

So, I decided to slow talk with Miss Warren.

"Miss Warren, let me," I said and began to remove her hand from Isabel's. Miss Warren looks at me as if I just grew two heads but let go of her death grip on Isabel's wrist. I thanked her and move my gaze to Isabel's teary eyes.

"Love, it's just me, Harry. Can you please come out from the chair. I'm sure it's not a very comfortable position you are having right now. Please come out, love." I put my hand in front of her gesturing her to take it.

She shook her head and more tears start to flow from her eyes. "I don't want to. Please, I wanna go home. Please..." Her voice is horse probably due to crying.

I crouched down to her level and raise her chin so that her eyes are in the same level as mine. I gave her a gentle smile  before starts speaking, "C'mon love. I just want to take a look at you. We'll take things slow, alright?"

She seemed hesitant at first but finally she took my hand. She slowly crawl out of the chair and I pull her up so that she is standing.

"Uhh... Dr. Styles. Do you need me to assist you for her examination?" My nurse said. I didn't even realize she was standing there watching the whole scene happen. I guess my main focus is to help Isabel and convince her to have an examination.