seventeen

Ayyee... happy belated birthday to me 08.10

.

.

Emotions.

They are random, most bipolar, and sometimes they just burst like a firework or maybe a nuclear reaction. They are unexpected – something that sometimes you can't control.

"Don't you dare, Liam. Don't you fucking do it."

He looks at me, sincerity filled in his eyes, "I have to, Isabel. It's for the best and I can't hold this thing anymore."

"No, Liam! You promised! Give me a chance. You said you'll give me a chance. I just-" I protested although it was cut off by his stern face.

"You are hurt, Isabel! And it's not okay for me to not tell your guardian about this!" He said trying to convince me that he is right and that I'm the bad person here.

"B-but-"

"You are limping for God's sake!" He cuts me off, again.

I was just about to open my mouth when a voice makes my blood run cold, "What in the world are you both talking about?"

My mouth left open hanging as I open and close my lips trying to figure out the right words to be said. Liam who was standing in front of me looks as if he's deciding on whether he should tell the truth or not.

"Please, Liam. I just... you have to believe me. I will do it."

He looks at me, guilt filled in his eyes, "I'm sorry, Isabel. It's for the best."

"What is going on here? Liam? Isabel?" Harry asked out of confusion totally naïve about the whole thing, well for now.

Liam opens his mouth and at the moment I felt like I'm naked in front of these two men, the words that flow out of his mouth are my deepest and darkest secret and not even Luke know about the situation between Kyle and me.

"Harry, there's something you need to know." Liam starts.

"Liam, please," I begged

Liam cut me off with a glare from his eyes but that didn't surprise me. What surprised me was a glare from Harry which makes me want to shrink into a mouse and run away from the crime scene.

"Harry, mate. I- I don't know where to start. Isabel- she-"

"What is it, Liam? Is everything okay? Bel, are you alright?" Harry asked, his voice full of worry as he looks at the both of us.

I shake my head not trusting my voice because I know, even though I promised, I won't have the courage to tell Harry about the whole situation. I can feel tears welling in my eyes threatening to fall and Liam hasn't even told Harry about it!

"I'm sorry" That's all I can choke out.

Liam sighs and closes his eyes, "Isabel has been bullied and from my observation, she might have been abused physically by some high school kids."

I could practically hear Harry's breath hitches as he looks at me as if he's hoping that I'm going to tell him that it's all lies and everything is fine and dandy. My blue eyes met his green ones and I immediately look away, too ashamed to look at the curly-haired man.

"I-Isabel, tell me he's wrong. Please tell me that this is just a joke and-and" His voice quivers as he talks to me but that hint of hope and desperation is enough to make me burst into tears.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I'm so sorry" I wailed and I feel my knees go weak as I fell to the floor and sobbed into my head.

I could hear footsteps nearing my body and the person crouched next to me, pulling me into his arms. But, he's not the person that I want to be comforted from. I look up from my teary eyes to see that Harry is standing there unmoving as he tries to process the information.