Kay

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

ugh are you kidding me its already 6:00. I thought as i rolled over to hit the snooze button. After about 5 minutes of still laying down I found the strength to drag myself out of bed.

It was the first day of school and i couldn't be late, at least not today. I walked over to my closet to find today's outfit which was a red blazer, a black and white striped tank top some white skinny jeans with some black combat boots.

I hoped in the shower as my thoughts roamed its way to Kevin. I still haven't talked to him since the party and its been driving me crazy. im trying my best to get over him. I deleted his number unfollowed him on instagram and twitter. All our pictures we had i burned them all but still i cant keep him off my mind but i dont have time to worry and wait on Kevin i have other shit to worry about like my education and my mama if its not about that i dont give a fuck at this point. I got out the shower and got dressed. I decided to wear my hair straight today. I looked in the mirror and pulled out my makeup. i had to cover up my bruised face i hated my life. I might have been known as the pretty girl that had all the guys and was always happy but in reality was living a nightmare waiting for it to end. The only people who knew my secret was keysha not even Kevin knew because i didn't want him judging me or thinking he could do the same to me. Even though James is only here on weekends it doesn't matter he tells my mom that he is out of town working which i know is a lie. Then he comes here and beat the shit out of me and my mom.

I had about 20 minutes left before keysha came to pick me up so i decided to go down stairs and eat something. I do not eat school food its just plain out nasty. I went down stairs but to my surprise my mom was down there. Maybe we should talk i thought

"Mom" i said just above a whisper

"What do you want Kay" She said.

the only time she called me by my nickname was when she was mad or aggravated which was 95 percent of the time but right now i didn't care we needed to talk and i was gonna say what's on my mind.

"We need to talk" i said

she turned around in her chair and looked at me

"I wake up every morning worried about if your alive of not. Half of the time your not here and i miss the women that you was before James. Okay yea you did what you did but now that he's here you do it 10 times worst. I just want you to be happy i can tell your not you can walk around here like we are a perfect family but i know that deep down you want better for us but you cant find the courage to do it." i said looking at her in the eyes.

I waited a few seconds for her to respond but she didn't she just burst into tears. I walked over to her and hugged her

"Mom i know its hard but together we can get through this but you have to promise you will stop. I dont expect you to tell me tomorrow your clean i know its gonna take time but know im not gonna be like Diamond and Chris and leave you i promise you that." i said while stroking her hair.

After a few minutes of her crying we just sat and did something we never did. We had an actual conversation no screaming or yelling i was happy to see my mom smile again she had a beautiful smile and she dont show it alot. We talked about any and every thing before keysha came and honked the horn. First day of school i hope it goes well.