chapter 15. part two

We stood hand in hand looking at what we were about to enter.  I looked at her once again before we crossed the street. She spoke before I could.

"Its gonna be okay.  Let's quickly get this over with.  I will be behind you with every step you take." she squeezed my hand before taking the first step.  I followed as we got closer the music and voices of multiple people became louder.  An unbareale smell filled our noses as we crossed the front lawn and stopped at the front steps.  I took a deep breath. My heart beat growning faster as I climbed the first step.  I stared at the door.  I looked over at jay then back at the door. I pushed open the door to see my mom and several others engaging in multiple activities. As I walked in all eyes were on me.  The smell brought tears to my eyes. 

"Krystal where have you been.  I've been worried sick about you. " said my mom.

I stared at her. Her skin was pale her hair had fallen out she had briuses all over her body.  I hated seeing her like this but I had to get my life together.  I grabbed jays hand and walked towards the stairs.  Just as we reached the james came walking.  I gripped jays hand tighter as I backed up.

"Well what do we have here.  You finally came back but the question is who told your ass to leave and come back with this dyke bitch. " He said moving closer with every word. His eyes moved towards jay and then at our hands. 

I looked at jay I tried to stay strong for us both. 

"Umm james is it.  My name is jay first off and we didn't come here to have any problems.  We will be out in just a few minutes if only we could go up stairs" I looked at jay as she spoke with much attitude but also there was no fear in her voice.  After a few seconds of noone saying anything  jay pulled my hand as she began to walk towards the stairs but as we fot closer james put his arm I the way blocking us from continuing. 

"Can we please go upstairs for a minute we will be out in a hurry then yall can go back to whatever was happening before we arrived" I said finally talking I was scared the look in his eyes told me he was going to do something. He slowly raised his hand and I knew what that meant.  I closer my eyes as a tear slowly ran down my check. 

I had my eyes closed for what seemed like forever.  My hand dropped by my side and I heard my mother's faint scream.  I slowly opened my eyes to see james up against the wall with a gun pointed at his head but the biggest suprise was who was behind it,  Jay.

I stood there in shock trying to put everything together.

"Jay what are you doing" I askwd still in shock

"I told you I would never let anyone hurt you and I mean that.  Go up stairs and get your things"

I did as I was told and went up stairs.  My room was a mess all of my clothes were on the floor my bed was dirty and unmade.  I grabbed 3 bags and stuffed random clothes and shoes in them.  I went to my bathroom.  The smell was unbareable I held my breathe for as long as I could while I grabbed the rest of my things I was taking.  All of a sudden I heard a loud bang.  Then a few seconds later I heard the front door shut close.  I hurried down stairs to find jay laying on the steps holding her side. I skipped a few steps trying not to fall along the way.  As I reached her I seen what she was holding her side for.  I screamed at what I seen.  I grabbed her phone out of her pocket.

"hold on your gonna be alright" I said as I held her in my arms.  as tears ran down my face

"911 whats your emergency? "