chapter 18

On our way to keyshas house I stopped at a corner store that was in the neighborhood so keysha and I could talk about her situation, Thats if she wanted to. We sat in silence until I looked over at her and she was silently crying. I reached over and pulled her in for a hug.

"Baby girl whats wrong?" I asked as I rubbed her back.

"Its all falling apart my whole life its slowly breaking and there isn't a way to fix it. " she said through sniffles.

"what do you mean? " I asked all cluelessly.

"Me and tony I don't know what's going on one day well be good then the next he's putting his hands on me for no apparent reason.  Then theres me and you, I haven't talked to you in what seems like forever and I know its all my fault. I'm loosing you but I'm happy to see you happy even though I might not show it. I just don't know what to do anymore. Everytime I take a step forward I have to take 3 steps back. "

"We as in me and you are about to get our shit together. So that means if you need to drop tony then thats what you need to do.  Its plenty of niggas out here that you can have that will treat you right and letting one hold you down is stopping now. You need to start going back to school cause your missing alot of shit , you need to be on your A game. You won't have to do any of this on your own im right by your side. Now I'm about to take you home so you can get cleaned up and I'll call you later."

"Do you love her? " She looked at me and chuckled.

I looked out the window and stared as a lesbian couple went in the store they both looked happy. 0ne got out of the car and opened the door for her girlfriend.  They both looked real happy they walked in the store hand in hand. I wanted that they let the world know they were in love and they didnt care. I looked back at keysha she was still waiting for my answer.

I mean do I love her. I don't know what love is anymore. Everytime someone say they love me they do something that prove it all was a lie.

"I really dont know,  she treats me like a queen, but I dont even know what we are" I said staring at a picture of justice she had on her dashboard.

We were silent. Then the couple came back out they both looked young maybe in their early 20s. One was tall skinny and a carmel color with tattoos covering her arms and long newly done weave. While the other was short and thick her hair was also freshly done. I guess they felt me staring cause they both looked at me and all I could do was smile. They smiled back and continued to their car. The taller one open the door for the shorter one as she did before.

We left the store and I took keysha home.

"You do love her I can tell by the way you look. Even though I haven't met her im think she's good for you. So I wanna meet my sister in law" she said before she hugged me "thank you I dont know what I'd do without you I love you" with that she got out of the car I watched as she knocked on the door and she was greeted by a hug.