Come stay with me

I was walking to keyshas house when I seen her boyfriend Tony. So I stopped to see if he knew what was going on with her maybe I could save the trip over there.

"Hey Tony have you talked to keysha lately she haven't been to school since Monday and she wont return my calls or messages? I wanna make sure if she's okay."

"Yea she straight"he said as he walked closer to me "but she wanted me to tell you to just leave her alone. She said you been nosy as shit for nothing and she can't deal"

When he said that I knew he was lying. I knew keysha and she wouldn't do that to me unless it was forced. I studied his face for a minute. His pupils was big as hell so I knew he was high.

"Well is she home I wanna talk to her. Before I leave her alone"

"Girl didn't I just tell you she said she don't wanna talk to yo ass no more why the fuck you asking where she at. Damn you hoes don't know how to listen. Make a Nigga wanna beat Yall ass sometimes" he yelled in my face alcohol lingering on his breath.

When he made that statement it hit. I couldn't believe it. Now that I actually think about it she been wearing hella makeup. Which she really don't do. Shes acting like I was when I first started getting hit. Not going to school because I thought I would be judged. Ignoring everyone.

"You know what your right. Why the fuck am I standing here worried about her when she don't want nothing to do with me." With that I walked very calmly away untill I was out of his sight. I took a short cut we used to take to her house. I walked right in this was basically my house too

"Mama D is keysha here" (lol mama d I can't stand her but back to the story)

"No baby I think she at Tony's house. Why what's wrong" she asked with a worried look on her face

"Nothing she was suppose to meet me earlier. Nice seeing you again I have to get going I love you." I hate lying but I couldn't tell her not yet I had no proof

"I love you too sweetie"

I ran non stop to Tony's house. It wasn't that far from mama d house. Keysha was here because her car was in the drive was along with Tony's 3 other cars. I walked to the door and knocked but I got no answer so I knocked again a little harder.

"Who the fuck is knocking like they the Pol....." she said as she swung the door open. I couldn't believe my eyes. Her whole face was swole and bruised. Her left eye was blacked, a band aid was on her lip and nose.

"Keysha? What happened"

She looked at me tears running down her face. "Im so sorry I didn't tell you when you asked. I just thought. I thought you would judge me"

"Baby we gotta get you outta here now" I said while dragging her out out the house.

"No" she said pulling back

"What do you mean 'no'. You about to sit here and let this low Nigga put his hands on you. Its not okay as long as you let him do it. Its going to continue." I said looking shocked

"Kay how are you gonna give me advice when the same thing is happening to you huh" she screamed

She was right. How could I give someone advice when the same exact thing goes on in my house? What have I done to stop it?

"Your right"

I walked away thoughts running through my head. It was going to be dark soon and I still haven't found a place to stay for the night. I walked to the park to votary mind. I sat on the bench across from the basketball court. There was a person playing. I decided to join them I haven't played basketball in years. I used to play I middle school I was good I stopped soon after James came into the picture. If I was still playing I could get noticed but its too late now.

"Hey can I play" I said as I approached the unknown person. But I soon regretted it. It was the lesbian girl just my luck.

"Yea but first tell me why your out here in the same clothes you were in at school and why you still have your book bag with you." She said sitting on the ball waiting for my answer.

"Long story"

"I have all night"

"I"

"you what"

I looked down at the ground not wanting to look her in the face "I have no where to stay tonight"

"What do you mean. Why cant you go home " she asked concern written all over her face.

"Things have happened to where I cant go home"

"Come stay with me"

_____________________________