chapter 17

"He's your what!?" I screamed as I jumped up from the bed. "When did you plan on telling me this huh Justice? I cant believe you." I paced back and forth from the window to the Door after walking back and forth about 10 times. I stopped and looked at her.  She tried to lean up but you could tell it hurt her to do so but right now I didn't care to help her.

"Can I explain, Please?" She said pain and concern in her voice. I sat down in the chair next to her bed waiting for her "explanation". Its seemed like forever before she started to speak like she was trying to find out where to start.  After a few minutes she finally spoke.

"Well as you know I'm adopted. She's my aunt. She took me in when my mother could no longer take care of me nor herself.  My mother was still in highschool when she met him it was her sophomore year,  she was only 15 while he was about to turn 20. My grandmother never approved of their relationship but it continued she found out she was pregnant with me in the middle of her senior year and to his request she dropped out and moved in with him.  So neither of them had a job he sold drugs but that barely kept food on the table while she stayed home. He would stay out all times of the night after I was born and she thought he was cheating. So that caused heated arguments almost every night when he came home drunk and high. Me being as young as i was I never knew what was going on and one afternoon I remember seeing her in the corner crying so I sat next to her after a while the police came then my aunt.  She told me I had to go away from my mom for a little while until she got better and that was the last time I seen or spoke to either of them."

I looked up at her to see her crying.  I got up from my chair to comfort her. "Baby you dont have to continue."

"But I want you to know the truth" she wiped her face and continued.

"After staying with my aunt for a few years she told me basically what I just told you. I started elementary school and thats when we met we were best friends I always stayed the night at your house we told eachother everything they called us the terrible two because together we were destructive.  It was like that until we got to 5th grade and I stayed the night at your house and I woke up early because I had to use the bathroom and he was in the kitchen and I instantly knew who he was. After that I could never come back over." She finished telling me what had happened and I felt bad because I blamed her for this when she had nothing to do with it.

We both sat in silence while I played in her dreads. Until the nurse came in with two officers.

After about an hour of them asking a million and one questions and use telling them what happened.  They left and the nurse came back in to inform us that justice could leave tomorrow morning. I walked out to the waiting room to drive keysha home.