Letter Ten: Will Patier

November 13

Dear Liz,

I envy you a bit. Canada, the Great White North, the Home of the Bacon. Even though the bacon there is really just ham, bacon is still bacon. I've always been here in Los Angeles my whole life. The only time I left the state was when I went to the Hoover Dam. I went to Arizona, Nevada then back to California in seconds. Still counts, right?

I got your pictures, that whip cream prank is pure genius. I bow down to your cleverness. And the guy looks like a total idiot! Why would he be your rival? When I read private school, I instantly thought that, snobby rich kids. But I don't think you're that at all. And snogging? Ha! The gossips in your school are nothing compared to what happens in my school.

Some girl already got pregnant with one of the teachers, and it putting the kid for adoption. But that's old news, as you may know I'm a bit of a prankster. You should have seen it, Lizzy, so I had to take pictures. Hope you got them. The principal had everyone come to the auditorium for an assembly. Earlier that day, I put a bucket of red and yellow paint (the colors for my school, Clement Heights) on top of the podium. So when the curtains opened up, the buckets opened and the paint poured all over the principal. Sadly, they found out it was me since I was the first one who burst out laughing. Another time, I locked myself in the speaker room and played the radio the whole time until school ended. I was able to skip three tests that day and rock out to my jam.

What's it like in your school? What are the lessons like? And what are your school lunches? I usually skip class and when I do come to class I just sleep through it. This is the only class I don't ditch since it's the only way I can read your letters and write back to you. Um, that didn't sound too weird did it? This is probably the most I've ever written. Write back soon.

And it doesn't sound stupid, I actually like the idea. Pental pals. 

Sincerely,

Will