The Teachers Special Part 1

May 14

Darius Benson, was a English teacher for years here in the lovely city of London. Though he was only a man in his early 30s, it was quite hard to find someone. He still remembered the blind dates, the countless dating sites he entered, and being set of by, to his embarrassment, his mother. Darius knew it himself that it won't be long until he'd give up. Face the fact that he might die alone. But that all changed when he met her.

Vanessa.

He had taken a small vacation in Paris, taking his chances to maybe find someone in the city of love. And he was right, there he met the lovely Ms. Rhodes at the top of the Eiffel tower, and just like that. It was like love at first sight.

She is a lovely lady. Only a year or two older than himself, she seemed to still act so young and look like it too. Her beautiful brown eyes that seemed to be just like the color of chocolate, made him melt. And her caramel skin, sparks of electricity ran through him every time they so much as brushed their hands. And her luscious raven hair tumbled over her shoulders gracefully, every time she turned to face him.

Just the thought of her gives him butterflies. Having him feel like a child in love again. And not just that, she was a fellow teacher of a high school English class. Oh the endless talks they had about the difficulties of being a single English teacher, facing high school teens. The tests, the lectures, and so on. It was nice talking to someone his age of such things, other than the older teachers that look like they are about to drop dead at any moment.

"Oh the feeling of being in love," Darius sighed happily.

But the both of them knew their time in Paris wouldn't last. She'd have to return back to America, and he back to London. But he couldn't just let her go, especially not that easily. So the two of them devised a plan, for of them to still be able to keep in touch. And what the call it is...

The pen pal project.

It was genius! Both of their classes will be able to connect through letters. And the two of them will still talk, without a care in the world. They wouldn't get side tracked of their jobs as teachers, since this seemed to be part of the job. And no one would have to know. That they started the project just to talk each other. Sometimes he impressed himself for his brilliance.

Darius was very excited today. He had just received another letter from his love, Vanessa. This time she wrote little about her job, to his disappointment. And more of her interests and her life in Los Angeles. But he wasn't very interested at that, all he wanted to talk about is their work. Yes, maybe it was a boring topic for most people. But he and Vanessa seem to relate it, and he treasure every word, every sentence of her work life in America. What their school system is like, how she grades her tests, what the lectures she'll be teaching next.

After he finished the letter, he quickly grabbed his own pen and paper and began to write. Everyone in the classroom is quiet, each reading or writing the letters. It was the peaceful letter times of the whole room being silent except for the rustle of papers and words being scratched onto paper with pens and pencils. 

"Aldridge, for the last time, I do not have your bloody letter." An angry whisper said, breaking the silence.

"Lizzabeth, I know it was you who took my letter. I just want to get it over with and reply it to that Rhonda."

"Let me repeat myself one last time. I. Do. Not. Have. It."

Darius clenched his teeth, he hated classes like this. When students don't know respect for their teachers and their classmates around them. Thinking the classroom is like their home and can do anything they want. He stood up from his desk and stalked over to the disruptive students. But the two of them were oblivious of this and still argues among themselves.