Letter Fifteen: Liz Teschler

December 7

Dear Will,

That's probably the best advice I've even got. When I ask my friends what they should do, they all tell me I should listen to my parents. Great help from a bunch of good girls, right?

I've always wanted to be an actress. I love to sing and dance, I was in drama, glee and choir in middle school. But when I started high school, I had to get serious. I had to throw away my dreams and work on my grades to get a scholarship for college and get medical degree to become a doctor. My parents told me that I shouldn't chase a silly dream. They said someone like me can't possibly become an actress with the competition I will face. And it's probably best to become a doctor, great pay and you actually do something that changes lives.

But... I don't think I can follow my dreams. I mean, who am I kidding? Me, an actress? I bet I can't even star in a Broadway with only my talent. I have little to no experience, and the only talent I have is to memorize the lines and have a decent voice. I'm not even pretty enough to be on camera. But just because I've already give up doesn't mean you should, Will.

You can become a professional photographer, you're a natural. When most people take pictures it's at random, the pictures come out fuzzy, it looks slanted. But when you send me those pictures, it's like you capture that one moment. Either it's a pie eating contest or your latest pranks, it's like I'm actually there. Right next to you as you took that picture.

Sincerely,

Lizzabeth