Chapter 1

It has to be amazing,

I thought the words over in my head, I was being offered a chance to go anywhere in the world maybe even in the universe, but why couldn't I come up with anyything. I still didnt have any proof that this all wasn't some crazy dream. I pinched the skin on the back of my hand and winced, you couldn't feel pain in your dreams could you? Feeling the Doctors eyes on me I looked up and faced him.

“Take me home”

The Doctor frowned.

“Take you home? I can take you anywhere you can imagine, absolutely anywhere. I can take you to see the double sunset on the planet of Zaphroid, the Crisis Nebula in the Triphade system 7,000 years in your future, to witness the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Surely you cant want to go home...not yet”

“I want you to take me home so I can change my pants” I said gesturing to the sweatpants I was wearing. “Shouldn't I at least look...presentable?”

The frown faded from the Doctors face.

“Well why didnt you just tell me that to begin with?” he asked. Looking back at his counsol he once again began fiddling with the knobs and buttons and turned back to me. “Homes right out the door, but hurry up I dont like to be kept waiting.”

I opened the doors and stepped out onto my living room carpet. Shutting the doors behind me I ran up the stairs and into my room and opened up my dresser. I grabbed the first pair of pants I saw and quickly changed into them. The duffel bag I kept my clothes in when i was on tour sat in a disguared lump in the corner, if this Doctor could take me to all these places like he claimed he could I was probably going to need a lot more pairs of pants than the ones I was wearing.

Grabbing the bag I thrust open my closet and began stuffing random clothing items into the bag, when it was about full I stopped. What was I doing? I didnt even know this man yet I was willing to believe everything he said, he told me to come with him and I had instatnly agreed. For all I knew he could have had some twisted plot to murder me hidden within that large head of his. I looked out the bedroom window and up at the stars, from this distance they still held that same wonder, but it didnt even compare to the sheer beauty they had up close.

“How long does it take to change your trousers? The universe is calling our names, hurry up!” the Doctor called from downstairs. I shook my head and zipped up my bag, I could stay here and watch the world from afar or I could go out and see it from up close, even if the Doctor did turn out to be a phycotic murderer, I wasnt going to miss my chance to experience it.

~~~

When I got back to the TARDIS the Doctor was sitting on the stairs with his head resting in his hands.

“Well that took you long enough, what were you doing constructing a symphony?” He said holding his hands out in exasperation. He stood up and made his way over to the consoul. “I dont know if you had any places in mind you were thinking of going, but I know of this place that I think you will just consider off the hook.” he looked up and scrunched up his face in an expression of disgust. “Off the hook...remind me to never say that again”