Chapter 9

After I had finished my cup of tea and telling Jenny everything I could about Earth I crashed. My bed on the TARDIS was unbelievably comfortable and I had fallen asleep before my head even hit the pillows. As I slept I dreamt of a tree lined drive in autumn, I was alone and walking down the old dirt road in the evening light. It was a beautiful experience, considering all the trauma I had undergone as of late the dream was entirely welcome.

The dirt road underneith me began to quake and the trees we.re quivering, something wasnt right. The shaking continued until the scene began to fade and I found myself drifting back into reality. I cracked one of my eyes open and groaned at the sudden burst of light that pierced my retina and pulled a pillow over my head to block out the illumination. Although I was awake the shaking persisted, but it wasn't really shaking, it felt as if my bed was bouncing up and down.

"Wakey wakey!" I heard the Doctors voice say. I poked my head out from under the pillow and looked over to see the Doctor on top of my mattress jumping up and down as if it we.re a trampoline.

"Go away." I moaned and threw my pillow at him. I pulled the blanket up over my head and closed my eyes so I could try and go back to sleep.

"Aw come on you've been asleep for like, forever." he said. I felt him climb off the mattress and listened to his footfalls as he walked over to the side of the bed where he grabbed my shoulders and started shaking them. I took my hand out from under the covers and began slapping his hands so he would stop touching me and leave me alone.

"Come on Adam, Jenny wants to see where you live."

I answered him with a long groan and pulling the blanket tighter around me. The Doctor huffed and grabbed the blanket and ripped it off my body. I was hit with a sudden burst of cold air that caused my body to shiver.

"Blimey, whats wrong with you?"

I didn't answer him back, I wasn't sure what he meant by that question. Plenty of things were wrong. I was tired to top it off, I was also cold and I felt like I had been run over by a truck. The Doctor placed his hand on my forehead and I pushed it away and tried to bury my head under the other pillow that had been laying there unused earlier.

"I think you're sick I don't know what you're supposed to do with sick people."

"Some doctor you are." I said.

"Jenny!" the Doctor called out. I looked out from under my pillow and watched him walk out into the hallway. "Jenny, I think Adams sick. He's ghastly pale and his skin feels like its on fire."

"Then he's probably sick." Jenny said as she appeared in the doorframe of my room. "Adam, how do you feel."

"Like death." I replied. It was true, the longer I stayed awake the more miserable I felt. I didn't have a stuffy nose or a cough but I could definitely tell I had come down with some sort of bug.

"He must have caught something back in Atlantis..." The Doctor said.

"Then why dont we have it?" Jenny asked. The Doctor answered by shrugging his shoulders.

"The real question is what are we going to do with a sick Adam, he's no fun now. He may as well just be a lump of...Adam-y...stuff."

"Thanks" I muttered. My blanket was in a pile on the floor and I leaned down, picked it up and cacooned myself in its warmth again.

"Just let him sleep."

"But what are we going to do? We can't just hang around here, here is boring. I want to do something" The Doctor said bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet. He blew a gust of air out of his mouth that made the hair that hung over the side of his head fly up into the air and frowned. "Where's Rory when you need him?" He muttered to himself. I didn't know who Rory was and at this point I didn't care.