Chapter 10

When you live in a time machine, time actually doesn't seem to exist anymore. It is impossible to tell whether it is noon or midnight, or how many hours have past since you ate your breakfast. I wasn't sure how long I had been on the TARDIS with the Doctor and Jenny, but I had kept a chart on my phone (which I had found buried at the bottom of my bag of belongings) where I kept track of how many times I had slept and the approximate amount of time we spent at each new destination we arrived in. After we had visited a planet where entire cities we.re held aloft in the clouds I had come to the conclusion the amount of time we had all spent together had been about a week and a half.

During that week I had found myself drawing closer to the Doctor, Jenny too. After being caught in so many life threatening situations with other people it was practically a given rule that you had to form an at least semi-close bond with them. The barriers in my mind that prevented me from being open with other people slowly eroded and after a couple of days (Or maybe it was only one day, who really knows) I found myself joking around with the both of them as if I had known them for years.

I was growing to love life in the TARDIS, and if I was going to be perfectly honest with myself, I wasn't sure if I ever wanted to give this life up.

"You know Adam." Jenny said to me as I was leaning against the banister that enclosed the consul from the rest of the room. A wire of some sort needed replaced and we had to make a temporary pit stop while the Doctor made the repairs. I could see him below my feet through the glass flooring as he tinkered with the mechanics sending an occasional shower of sparks into the air.

"Know what?" I said, I didn't bother to peel my eyes away from the pictures I had been sorting through on my phone screen to glance up at her.

"You said you would you would show me where you live, but you never did."

"Because I got sick."

"But you're not sick anymore, come on Adam I want to see Owltonna"

"Owatonna" I corrected. "It's pronounced Owatonna." I looked away from my phone to look at her.

"Please?" Jenny asked jutting her bottom lip out in a pout. I usually wasn't the type of guy to give into the sad puppy dog face but Jenny was making it impossible for me to even contemplate saying no. I blamed it on that tiny part of my brain that still had that miniscule crush on her.

"Fine, but it has to be night when we land. I dont want to run into people I know and have to explain who you and your dad are."

Jenny let out a small squeal of delight and wrapped her arms around me in an overpowering hug that was tight enough to slightly cut off my air supply. I did my best to try and hug her back but I had always been a horrible hugger and ended up awkwardly patting her shoulder.

"She's all patched up and ready to go!" the Doctor said leaping up the stairs and into the open area where Jenny and I stood. He had been wearing a pair of old fashioned mechanics goggles that he peeled off of his head and flung across the room where they hit the wall and fell to the floor. Jenny peeled herself away from me with a grin plastered to her face.

"Adam agreed to show me where he lives, can we go there?"

The Doctor smiled down at Jenny and ruffled her hair a little as he went over to the console and performed the familiar routine of button pressing and lever pulling.

"Owatonna should be right out those doors." he said with a smile. I walked over to the TARDIS doors to confirm that we had landed in the correct town, but Jenny raced past me and practically ripped the doors off the hinges as she disappeared outside.

"Adam, this doesn't look like what you described!" Jenny called out. I stepped out of the TARDIS and felt a soft familiar carpet squish under the soles of my shoes. I looked around and reconzied where we we.re immedietly.