Chapter 5

"Good morning!" the Doctor said as I walked into the control room.

"Good morning" I replied running a hand through my wet hair. When I woke up I had discovered a bathroom attached to the bedroom and washed all the dirt and blood off of myself and changed into a fresh pair of clothes. It was a huge relief to no longer smell like road kill.

"So, how're you feeling? You look like you slept well"

"Um yeah, I did, but um can I ask you a question?"

"Ask away" the Doctor said sitting down in a chair that was fastened to the railing.

"First off, why is my guitar sitting in the corner of the bedroom?" I asked. After changing I had looked around the room some and found my guitar sitting in the back corner against the wall.

"Oh! I didnt get a chance to tell you! When you were changing your trousers before we left I had a look around your house some, I thought that you'd wanna bring your guitar along."

"You just took my guitar without asking me?"

"Yes, your laptop is in the top drawer of the night stand too." The Doctor sat there with his head resting in his hands looking at me as if there was nothing wrong, I gaped at him in responce.

"You cant just take my stuff without asking!"

"Oy! I figured if you ever had a restless night youd like them around to keep you company, let your imagination flow, I was only trying to make you feel at home."

"You could have asked first." I said crossing my hands over my chest as the Doctor rolled his eyes at me. "Also, what are these?" I asked holding out some sort of food I had found on the nightstand. It looked like some sort of shortbread cookie sandwich with raspberry jam in the middle, there was a plate filled with them back in the bedroom.

"Oh!" the Doctor exclaimed jumping up out of the chair and leaped towards me. "They're Jammy Dodgers! You should try it"

"You know, I think I'm good right now but thanks" I said after sniffing the cookie. It smelled odd, like raspberries and cardboard. The Doctor took the cookie from my hand and held it up in the air close to my face.

"Come on Adam, open the time vortex so the TARDIS can get through!" he said pushing the cookie ever closer to my mouth. I kept my mouth shut and shook my head.

"No, no I-" before I could finish the Doctor had taken the Jammy Dodger and shoved it in my mouth. The cookie was somewhat dry and tasted of peanut butter while the jam in the center refused to budge leaving me with a mouth full of dodger rather than jammy.

"Good isnt it?" the Doctor asked.

"Uh, it would probably be better like dipped in something" I said swallowing the crumbs down. "Like tea, or maybe coffee." Honestly, I didnt think they would be good dipped in anything. I would have rather had an Oreo over a Jammy Dodger any day of the week. The Doctor shrugged and shoved the rest of the cookie into his mouth and practically swallowed it whole. "So, you mentioned something about some planet called Heromine?"

"Oh! Yes, I did. Slight problem with that, the planet is under quarrentine so I had to make a change of plans, but I think youre going to love the planet I have in mind!" Crumbs spewed out of his mouth as he spoke and hit me in the face. I grimaced and whiped them off with my sweater sleeve as the Doctor began dancing around the controls fiddling with all its doo dads and whatchamacallits.

"Theres no snake headed women or angel statues are there?" I asked.

"Nope! But I think you'll love this place!" The Doctor said running down the stairs and flinging open the TARDIS doors. I walked over next to him and poked my head out to survey the area.