Chapter 8

"Are we there yet?" the Doctor whined. He had asked the question at least seven other times and just like all the other times Jenny answered with a sharp "no". He hung his head back and groaned while trudging forwards through the stream of water we were wading through. I didnt blame him, I wanted to get there as soon as possible myself. I had my arms wrapped around my waist, I was freezing and it served as a pathetic way to keep myself warm.

"I cant feel my feet anymore." the Doctor complained.

"Neither can I, so shut up." I snapped at him. I immediately regretted doing it, and mumbled a small apology that I doubt he even heard. Ever since we had started walking I felt myself becoming more and more agitated. I internally fought to keep my nerves at bay but it was starting to become extremely difficult. It was almost as if two trains we.re racing through my body and fighting over who got controll over the tracks. So far neither the Doctor or Jenny had noticed, which was good, it meant I was doing a good job of hiding my struggle. I didn't need either of them worrying about me, they both had millions of other people to worry about, I wasn't that important compared to the population.

"Dad, why don't you tell us about a place you've been before? To help pass the time?" Jenny asked looking over her shoulders at the both of us.

"Why not. Now lets see...did you know I met Madame de Pompadour once? She actually fancied me." The Doctor plastered a smug smile to his face that set my mood on edge.

"She actually fancied me." I mimicked in my best imitation of his British accent.

"Well she did! She thought I was clever, which I am." he retorted. I rolled my eyes and scowled at him. Anger pulsed over me in a flash and I shook my head to try and fight it off, but this time it wasn't working. I stopped walking and brought my hands up to my head hoping it would dull down the sensation, but it was a failed attempt. I looked up and saw the Doctor a yard or so in front of me, and I felt a burning hatred towards him that I had never felt towards anything in my life before.

I never intended for my body to charge forwards, it just sort of happened. Seconds later I let out a cry of rage and flung myself onto the Doctors back and clung to him like a koala clings to a tree. My legs we.re wrapped around his middrift while my arms where clutched tightly around his neck cutting off air flow.

"Jenny! Jenny! Jenny!" The Doctor yelled with great effort as I squeezed tighter and tighter at his neck. With poor effort he tried to pry my arms off of him, but it only caused me to tighten my grip.

"Adam, no!" Jenny cried as she grabbed me by my torso and tried to pull me away. She was incredibly strong and caused my arms to loose their hold, my legs we.re still in place and Jenny was doing her best to pull me off. I flailed my arms behind me hoping to strike her in the face and cause her to let go, but either my aim was incredibly off or she was dodging my hits with immense accuracy. The Doctor untangled my legs from his waist and turned around and slapped me across the face.

"Stop attacking me!" he shouted. He hadnt slapped me hard, but it was enough to bring on a fresh wave of anger and I began kicking at Jennys legs behind me so she would let go and I could have another go at strangling the Doctor. She had a tight hold and I wasnt able to break loose so I arched my body forwards towards the Doctor and spit in his face.

"Adam, stop it!" The Doctor yelled wiping my spit off his face with his sleeve. He took a deep breath and grabbed me by my shoulders and forced me to look at him. "This isnt like you. Wheres the real Adam, hm? The Adam who can never sleep and stays up writing songs about the stars, whose incredibly shy and introverted and always has his head in the clouds. Where is he? I know, he's in there," the Doctor poked my head with his index finger "somewhere."