Destined Love - Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

I stare at him blankly, trying to find a sign in the depths of his golden eyes that shows me he's joking. But Raziel simply gazes down at me, his posture relaxed. I let out an awkward chuckle, which turns into a fit of coughing and tight laughter. It's not possible that the red-head I saw is my supposed soul mate, there's just no way - she's the type of girl I avoid.

I suddenly wonder if maybe the shimming water has some kind of spellbinding effect on those that stare into it; some kind of Heavenly magic.

"That chica so not my soul mate." I eventually find my voice.

Raziel remains calm. "She is, Kade. Did you not feel the instant connection as soon as your eyes captured the image? Did you not feel drawn to her in an unexplainable way?" Raziel asks, although the tone in his voice states that he already knows the answers.

"That stupid water has some fucked up magic shit in it. That's probably what put me in a trance!" I growl harshly, not willing to accept that the girl in the water is my soul mate. How could a guy like me, be connected spiritually with a girl like that?

"The water does not have an entrancing effect on anyone, Kade. All it does is show the future, present and the past—nothing more, and nothing less. Whatever you were feeling as you watched the scene through the water, were your own emotions."

I grit my jaw and fold my arms defiantly. "She's not even a girl I would even be seen with! She has fiery red hair and deathly pale skin with freckles—a total turn off for me! She's a ranga! I've never touched a red-head before, and I don't plan to in the future either."

"I can see that I cannot say anything to make you perceive this situation differently, so I think it is best to let you figure things out on your own, and I assure you—the thoughts and feelings you seem to have towards your soul mate right now will change as soon as you come into contact with this female." He explains evenly. "I can guarantee that you will no longer see her as a 'ranga' and someone that you usually do not converse with, but someone that you will feel an unbelievable connection to; her physical characteristics will not play a part in your feelings towards her." Equanimity radiates through his words.

Then, he glides his way towards the carved door that we first walked through earlier.

"It is time now, Kade."

The door opens, the vibrant meadow set out like a still painting.

Forgetting the previous conversation, I take one last look around the room; making sure to memorise each nook and cranny, every fine line of the Opal floor, the pale blue and the glowing white of the walls, and most of all the intricate bowl filled with the crystalline liquid. Despite my nonchalance, I hope that once I leave this place and head back to Earth, I won't forget this room; this is something that is a once in a life time thing, I'll never have this chance again.

I step through the doorway, hearing the soft click of the wooden door close behind me. Then suddenly, the entire door disappears, not a trace of the foreign wood remains. With a quick shake of my head in awe, I follow Raziel out into the middle of the meadow. He floats above the ground, the soft pricks of the grass barely making contact with the soles of his feet. How am I supposed to get back to Earth? Fly on the back of Raziel?

...Yeah, there's no fuckin' way in Hell that's going to happen.

"Please, stand across from me," Raziel instructs, his pure white robe flowing behind him as the luminescent shades radiate angelically from his skin.

With a prepared breath, I step in front of him, my muscles instantly tensing at the ethereal echo expanding from his form to mine.

"How am I getting back to Earth, exactly?" I mutter.