Destined Love - Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve:

As soon as the sun goes down, leaving a dark hue painted across the sky, Billy commands that all three of us start serving behind the counter. While the night grows darker, people of all ages above eighteen arrive and soon enough the bar is crowded. Hot chicas instantly line the dance floor in their tight, skimpy dresses, and the guys flop down into stools and booths, ready to ogle the ladies and drink the night away.

Cole motions for me to serve at one end of the bar, and Tristan in the middle. Guys from every angle of the counter order drinks from left, right and centre. They rush and order, and it takes all of my self-control not to shove their demands—they think they own the place because they've got dinero flying out of their ass holes.

"Hurry it up, we haven't got all night!" A blonde guy in a tailored suit barks as I try to fill up five glasses at once.

I'm assuming Cole can practically see the steam blowing out of my ears, as he intervenes and fills the last two glasses up under ten seconds, handing them to Blondie over the counter with a polite smile.

"Here you are, sir."

"'Bout time. Tell your buddy over there to speed up his pace."

"No worries, sir. Enjoy your night." Cole nods proficiently.

Blondie and his mates head to the dance floor and the brightly lit booths, but not before I send him a scowl with a threatening glint in my eyes, silently telling him to watch his back. Cole flicks his fingers in front of my face, blocking my line of vision.

"There's gonna be dickheads like him, Kade, but you gotta keep ya cool and do the job."

"He thinks just because he's got the money that he can boss anyone around. I think someone needs to teach him a lesson."

"Go right ahead," he motions with his arms, "but you won't have a job here anymore, I can guarantee you that."

My jaw tightens firmly, and once Cole sees that I'm not going to do anything stupid—not at this moment anyway—he walks off to serve several more customers. I grab the tea towel that's been hanging off my left shoulder since after lunch, and begin wiping down the spilt alcohol off the wooden surface of the bar, silently wishing I could chug down my own lot of beer.

I sure could use it right now.

"Can I have some service please?" A feminine voice asks from the side.

A sexy lookin' chica leans over the bar, the top of her light blue cocktail dress hangs loose against her chest. The lowness of the dress emphasises her large breasts, and after making my admiration obvious, I turn and meet her half-way over the counter. Her mud brown eyes stare back at me flirtatiously.

"What can I get you, muñeca?" I question huskily.

Her brightly painted fingernails glide across the dark wood of the bench towards me, and I watch her fingers as they move at a teasing pace. But just before they can make contact with my awaiting skin, I'm suddenly pushed to the side with someones shoulder. I grab hold of the edge of the bar, regaining my balance, before balling my hands into tight fists and spinning around to face the source, ready to slam my fist into the awaiting person - until I see who it is.

Billy.

"Go serve the old guy over on the far side of the bar, Kade. I've got this." His tone is an order.

Because I need this job so badly, I give him a curt nod before trudging past him, purposely shoving my shoulder against his. I grab a thick pad of paper off the counter and stroll over to a booth with a bunch of old hombres perving on all the young ladies dancing and shaking on the dance floor. I ask for their order before attending back behind the bar and preparing their very precise drinks of wine.