Destined Love - Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two:

When we arrive, I'm stunned by the extravagant mansion set beside the sidewalk as Cole parks along the gutter. Not only have I never seen such a large house since I've been here, but I had no clue Sally was so rich. I look over at Cole for an explanation as we slide out of his truck.

"You never told me the bitch was loaded," I eye him.

He gives a stiff shrug. "It's not something that usually comes out in conversation. Besides, her parents are the ones with the cash."

"Who Sally still lives with." A chuckle leaves my lips. "I should have known."

"She's not the type to give off a "rich" kind of vibe," Cole responds in a whisper.

As we start towards the castle-like building, I wonder what else Cole has conveniently forgot to mention.

"Sally is a snobby, up-tight bitch. Honestly, I'm not sure how I missed the fact that she's swimmin' in dough."

Cole pins me with an annoyed frown. "You should seriously stop with the name calling."

"I should," I acknowledge, "but I won't."

He snorts. "You mean you don't want to."

My lips curve. "That too."

Moments later,  Sally runs over to us and jumps onto Cole's back. He catches her with ease, and jogs towards the twisted fencing, enclosing the brick building. Sadie, Tristan and Ariella follow close behind them as I keep my distance. I gaze up at the elegant mansion, taking in its celebrity-style design. The stone tiled roof slants at an angle, it's tone a crimson grey. The modern solar system looks out of place against the ancient brick.

Externally structured with copper stone and granite, faded white window panels framed by outdoor blinds gives the old exterior a contemporary feel. Reaching the front entrance, a porch looms over the gravel pavement, indented with a spiral design. The entrance door, almost as tall as the first floor and as wide as four singular doors put together, is coated by a layer of crystalline paint, etched into the fine, rugged and chipped plains of the bronze-brown wood.

At that moment, as the sun begins to set behind the large pine trees, Sadie gives an ear-piercing scream as she's greeted by a large group of people. The elaborate doors swing open wider, giving me a slight view of the inside of this gigantic house. As the group push Sadie inside, I speed up my pace. I'm acknowledged by a butler as I step inside; his stylish grey mustache and his perfectly fitted black and white suit forces me to feel slightly out of place; never have I ever been around such fine decor and a French-looking butler. He offers me a glass of champagne, to which I almost snort in distaste.

While walking around, I ignore those standing about as I take in the interior design; tall, ivory white ceilings, two spiral staircases on either side of an archway, ceramic floor tiles, soft grey and silvery white walls decorated in what I can only assume are famous paintings—possibly even the originals. Tables and chairs made out of marble and jewel-like metal have all been evened out in an L shape, around what seems to be a ballroom type area. Murano glass chandelier's give off a bold, rich luminance. As I walk further into the large room, candles sat in lead crystal glass vases give the walls a warm hue; it all feels like a royal setting that I realise I'm glad I've been missing out on.

Guests sit at their tables, drinking expensive champagne and probably talking about expensive things; like their ten bedroom houses, or electronic cars, and their French poodles. Looking to my left, I feel myself start to relax as I spot something familiar—bright flashing lights, several surround sound systems and a DJ booth. People start to head towards the dance area, where the DJ prepares to play some tunes. As I make my way into the room, I'm greeted by an alcoholic bar and a buffet full of every food my greedy stomach could ever hold.