"Don't Make Me Wait"

"Absolutely." Bob chuckled, then lowered his voice. "That sex video was hot, Hayden, but a bit over the top. Even for us. So Chuck cut it into stills, and our hit counter is already popping."

Sex video?

"Popping?" Hayden said, starting to sweat. He grabbed his laptop and typed in the newspaper's link. The home page was filled with a woman's dark silhouette, the pale skin of one of her big breasts peeking between the red wraps, the other was blacked out with a solid square. Her wet, matted hair was tangled around her shoulders, her eyes were unmistakably glowing green, and the man positioned between her legs was obviously him.

A neon blue banner ran through the middle of the page: Zombie sex ritual uncovered! Everyday men seduced by the undead!

"A bonus check is already in your mail box, Hayden. You really came through for me, kid. Thanks."

"Sure thing." Hayden clicked off, but didn't set his phone down. Even though they'd only been together a short while, Rachelle should hear about the pictures from him.

He hit her number and settled back to wait, but she answered right away.

"What the hell, Hayden?"

"You already know, huh," he replied, hitting the link to move away from the home page.

"Yes. And I am pissed."

The next page was another shot of him and the girl, her white fingers curled over her own breast while his hand was obviously trapped in the red straps. "How did you find out?"

"Bob."

"Bob?" Thanks Bob, for adding to my list of failed relationships.

"Yeah, he wanted to make sure it was okay with me before he put the pictures up."

Hayden scrolled down, the next picture showed Mattie's thigh, half-covered by the tattered fishnets, tightly wrapped around his hips. The tiny skirt covered up his cock, thrusting in and out of her. "And it's okay with you?" he said, his voice nearly squeaking.

"Yes. But I'm still pissed."

He scrolled down again. It was shot of Mattie's face, her smudgy, glowing eyes staring straight at the screen. A chill ran down his spine. Straight to his dick, which was getting hard again. "It's just that, I—"

"I've been after you to do something crazy and you had this kinky side all along. I'm pissed you kept it a secret." She sighed, impatient and annoyed. "Why Hayden? Don't you get that I like you for who you are, not because I'm waiting around for you to make stacks of money."

Hayden X'd out of the website. "Oh."

"I'm coming over to your apartment, tonight. I'll be wearing—oh no, I'm not telling. It's going to be a surprise. A hot, sexy surprise. And you better be ready to fuck me senseless. That's the only the way I'm going to forgive you for keeping secrets."

Another turn in a night that didn't make sense. But Hayden was done being cautious and careful. He scrambled to his feet and adjusted his khakis, but there was no hiding his solid erection. He stashed his laptop into his backpack and started walking, leaving the zombie books on the table.

"Don't make me wait," she snapped then clicked off.

Hayden charged into the snowy night and didn't look back.

***

Hayden burst out of the library and charged face-first into the storm. A nasty blast of wind whipped past, filling his nose with giant flakes and blinding him. He slipped on his gloves to wipe his eyes and then hitched up his backpack and tightened the front strap. After wrapping his itchy black wool scarf tightly around his neck, Hayden took the first careful step. Thick, wet snow sagged until his boot finally hit the concrete. Three slow, leaping strides later, he reached the landing of the low steps that led to Dartmouth Street, snow covered and silent. Not a single living person was out on the streets.

Once he got back to his borrowed apartment, he planned to stay put and wait the storm out too. Apparently, he was going to be at Rachelle's mercy the whole time. At first, he'd been anxious about hooking up with a neighbor, but now he was really beginning to see the advantage to having her in the brownstone right next door. A hot flush washed over him, chasing away a sliver of the monstrous chill following him down the hushed street. He kept moving, closer to Rachelle and farther away from that unbelievable scene. Sex, video, and a lie more believable than the truth.

The drifts of dense, untouched snow made walking difficult, and the cold air was beginning to pierce his lungs, making each breath a whisper of pain, but he moved on, slowly, steadily—determined and clinging to Rachelle's demand.

Be ready to fuck me senseless.

He was ready. He just had to get there first.