"It's obvious, isn't it, Hayden?"

Mattie swung up onto the stage and went straight to the spotlight. She stood there, dangling her leather coat in one hand. Light streamed across her, illuminating her skin, brightening her face. She reached for Hayden.

She dropped the jacket, grabbed the hem of her skirt, lifting it slowly with none of the urgency he'd come to associate with her and sex. There was no green glimmer in her gaze. Instead, her eyes were a warm brown, framed by long lashes he'd never noticed before. Her hair, its usual mass of tangles, outlined her face and made her skin pale and delicate.

She'd once been more than walking sex, a creature with unavoidable tits and the kind of long legs a man fantasized about having wrapped around him. She hadn't always been the kind of woman who made a man feel right in all the wrong ways.

Hayden gritted his teeth, grabbed his belt, jerked it open then let his pants drop to his knees.

"You aren't hard," she reached for his cock.

He meant to push her hand away and take care of it himself, but he found himself watching her hand wrap around him, slowly curing her fingers around his soft shaft. Her palm was cold, but his body welcomed her touch. He braced himself for the fierce carnal hunger, but it didn't wash over him or even drip down his spine. "Put your hands on her tits."

Mattie winced but stuck her breasts out the strips of wool were dry, and he tugged them down, freeing one breast and then the other. He let the weight of her flesh fill his hands. She arched her back and he flicked his thumbs across her nipples. She closed her eyes, dropping her head back to reveal the soft skin of her neck. She wrapped one leg around his waist.

She rocked, using the tip of his shaft to caress her clit. "Fuck me, Hayden." Then she guided his dick into her pussy. He curved one arm around her.

Still holding her breast, he drove into her, feeling the wet, cool tightness squeezing over his shaft. She moved against him. He matched her rhythm, rocking into her, sliding in and out, feeling the inside of her as though it was the first time. She groaned and held on to him, arching her back.

The voice came through the darkness. "Give me something to watch. Make it hot."

Hayden froze then moved back.

The voice came again. You want the books? Start fucking like you mean it."

Hayden moved his hand around to her back and then lifted her skirt and grabbed her ass. He pulled her closer, grinding into her pubic bone.

Hayden fell into a different kind of abyss.

Even before the last pulses of cum left his cock, Hayden jerked up his pants and hooked his belt.

Mattie lowered her skirt and adjusted the red wool straps. "I'll meet you out front." She said then hopped off the stage and headed to the door, her boots hitting the floor with a heavy smack. Her jacket trailed behind her.

The guard was already marching down the aisle. "It wasn't hot like before."

Hayden jumped off the stage. "Fuck you, asshole."

"No, fuck you."

Hayden grabbed the man's arm and twisted it behind his back. "You got what you asked for. The books."

"What if I don't?"

Hayden lifted the man's arm, shoving it up between his shoulder blades. "Start walking, I'm right behind you."

Even wonder kids had their limits.

* * * * *

Clutching the straps of his backpack, Hayden rounded the corner then paused, taking his time to admire the white blink of the tiny lights hanging from the trees lining Commonwealth. Some of the snow was gone from the branches, so the lights glowed more brightly than the last time he'd bothered to notice.