Down With Suki!

Ari's POV

My sisters and I were in a heated (not really, since Vi was there) conversation, totally oblivious to the silver-haired she-demon seething a few feet away from us.

The Ninken had since disappeared, much to my disappointment.

"Is it really fair to fight three-on-one?" Scar asked. I don't think she cared all that much, but I got the feeling that she wanted some one on one time with Suki. I also figured that the result of the "personal" time would've resulted in Suki disappearing off the face of the earth.

Wait. Were were even on Earth anymore?

"Who cares?" I retorted, crossing my arms stubbornly. "Skanky over there can take it, can't ya?" I threw her a mocking look and she scowled. The glow of her eyes brightened, casting shadows across her pale cheeks. I shrugged and turned back around.

"I have an idea!" Vi shouted, hand shooting high into the sky.

I exchanged a look with Scar; she rolled her eyes, but nodded to Violet, who looked like she'd had too much sugar. You know, again.

"Tag Team!" she exclaimed in a decidedly hushed voice. Or it would have been hushed if it had been about fifty decibels lower.

"Tag Team?" Scar questioned, lifting a brow. Vi beamed. "Yeah, one of us goes in, and when someone else wants a shot, we switch out," she explained animatedly, smiling all the while. "Good idea, huh?"

I grinned wickedly. "Sounds good to me. Scar?"

"Quite impressive," she agreed, smiling. I hadn't seen my sister smile like that in a long time... The last occasion that smile popped up during, was probably when she helped me beat the crap out of some boys that were picking on Violet. We were in the second grade, and we were totally badass.

"Now, the hard part," I said, smiling devolving into a hard, thin line. "Who goes first?"

"Violet," Scar and I said simultaneously. She looked up and gave us the cutest closed eye smile. Without giving us a verbal response, she placed her hands together in a Sign.

Two seconds later, we had about two more Violets, in the form of Shadow Clones.

Yeah, because the world really needs that many hyperactive, anime-obsessed blonde girls.

"I'll make sure there's still enough for you guys," they all chirped.

Exchanging another, fleeting look of satisfaction, Scar and I leaped back up into the trees so we had a front row seat of the action.

I sat back, dangling my legs over the branch. A thought struck me as I watched my sister turn around to face a bewildered Suki. I sighed, hunching my shoulders. Scar didn't comment, so I sighed louder.

No comment.

Obnoxiously loud sigh.

"What, Ari?"

"I wish we had popcorn...."

Violet's POV

I knew why my sisters had picked me to go first. I had the least amount of hate geared towards Suki. It made sense why I should just get my turn over with.

It wasn't going to be a very long match, not if I wanted her to get up and walk away. So I thought of my simplest attacks, tilting my head to the side as I concentrated. Evidently, Suki thought I was spacing out, and two her chance to "win".

She held her hands in a Sign I didn't recognize, and shouted, "Blossoming Shuriken Dance Jutsu!"

Oh yeah! I knew that one! She used it all the time in the story. It was like, her favorite jutsu, I think.

Her eyes flashed, and all around her flowers popped up from underground, all of them in hues of brilliant pink, orange and white. The petals drifted from the flowers and glowed the same unnatural pink of her eyes, before jetting straight at me.

Without need for communication, my two Clones, on either side of me, dug their hands under my feet and launched me into the air. The shuriken-like petal sailed through my Clones, causing them to dissipate in puff of smoke, before embedding themselves deeply in the trees behind me.

I pouted; I never liked my Clones getting "killed". It was freaky to watch yourself "die". But I shurgged it off as I flipped mid-air, hands flying in Sign after Sign. I could feel the super-heated chakra building up in my stomach, and as it forced itself up through my lungs and into my throat, I cupped one hand around my mouth before shooting the flaming projectiles out.

"Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!"

Suki tired to dodge, but she was too stunned by the fact that I could use an Uchiha jutsu, and one of my fireballs caught her in the thigh. She cried out in pain, falling to the ground. I dropped down lightly a few feet from her, sighing. I didn't think she'd go down that easily. Seriously, how did she make it this far?

I could hear Ari clapping and wolf-whistling above me, and I tipped my head back to smile brightly at her and Scar. Scar's eyes were narrowed, her gaze on the whimpering girl still on the ground. Suddenly, her eyes widened, and she opened her mouth to shout something.

But it was a little too late.

"Falling Petals' Trap!"

Something tightened around my ankles, digging into my skin like millions of sharpened thorns. With a cry of shock and pain, and I was pulled to the ground, my chin slamming into the dirt with a sickening thud that made my teeth rattle.

"VIOLET!!"

"I'm ok!" I called back to my distraught sisters. Grunting from the burning pain, I pushed myself up and looked down to my ankles. My eyes widened. The excess petals from the blossoming flowers were formed into the shape of clawed-hands and were holding we steadfast. I gave an experimental tug and a wave of agony burned up through my legs.

"Ooh, too bad!" Suki purred, getting to her feet. She was shaking and sweating like crazy. All from one little burn. She really was pathetic. "You're not getting out of that one. And I can just do it again, but clamp the hands around your throat! How's that sound? Like fun, right?"

Ari and Scar were shouting for me to tag out, but I ignored them and, careful to not disturb my legs, dug around in my weapons pouch until I was able to nab a kunai. I held it out in front of me, taking a deeping breath. On the exhale, I flowed my chakra into the knife, my thoughts on my fiery jutsu. I was rewarded with the sound of crackling flames as they formed around the edges of the kunai.

I smiled my usual chirpy smile and instantly flung the kunai into the mess of knife tipped-petals, setting them ablaze. When the pressure around my ankles decreased, I pulled away and jumped back, skidding along the ground. My legs were threatening to give out, and I bit my lip to keep from shouting.

As I watched the petals burn into ashes, and Suki's horrified face, I felt my joints lock up. Blinking, I looked up at Scar and Ari. Before I could say anything, Scar jerked her hand back and I was carried up to the branch they perched on. Ari caught me, and the chakra strings on my arms and legs snapped off.

"Nice job, Vi," Ari said, setting me down on the branch. I grinned. "Thank you! It was fun!" I giggled. Scar pulled out a rolld of bandages and tossed them to me, before sliding from the branch and dropping to the ground.

"I'll tag in," she called up.

"Hey Ari," I whispered excitedly. She was busy helping me dress my wounded ankles, but looked up at me with a curious stare. "I think I finally found my chakra nature!"

Scarlette's POV

I was burning with rage, my fists tightened to the point where I felt my flesh tear from my nails digging into my palms.

She had hurt my sister, made her bleed.

This went far beyond the emotions I felt when she flirted with Gaara. I was enraged, like a bull seeing red as it faces down a matador.

"I suggest you don't do something so blatantly stupid again," I growled. Suki jumped, eyes snapping to me from where they'd been previously locked on her deadly petals. They were now turned to ash, courtesy of Vi's Fire Style capabilities. "It may just cost you your worthless life."

After a moment, she crossed her arms, and scoffed at me. "Please, bitch," she said, nose turned up in the haughtiest gesture I'd seen from a person. "You really think you can scare me? I just beat your brain-dead little Barbie doll of a sister. I doubt you're even half as good as she is."

"That's most likely true," I said. The surprise was clear on her face. She hadn't expected me to agree with her. My lips curled into a cruel smile. "In terms on Ninjutsu, Vi is the star among my sisters and I. But that isn't what I specialize in. Of course, you'll find that out for yourself in due time." I lifted my hands, fingers placed in a Sign I'd been working on for some time. It was fairly successful on my last go, but this would be a true test.

She watched me warily, eyes darting from my own to my hands, waiting for me to move even the slightest inch. I suppose Kakashi being her teacher had at least made her aware of the fact that you should never underestimate an opponent, especially when you have no idea of their skills.

I dropped my hands and relaxed my stance, and almost laughed when her jaw dropped. Really now, you shouldn't be surprised by anything a Ninja chooses to do, no matter how incompetant it seems. But then, she laughed her mocking, nasal laugh, head thrown back in pure amusement.

"You had me going there for a second," she admitted, holding her stomach as her howls died down. "But looks like I was right. You can't even do a single jutsu properly.'

"Whatever do you mean, Meredith?" I asked, my head titled to the side in the pure picture of innocence. "Are you insinuating that I've made a miscalculation?"

She scowled and shook her hate, deciding I wasn't worth her breath. She lifted a kunai from her pouch and rushed me, her tell-tale Kekkei Genkai eyes full of fire. I simply stood there, as nonchalant as one could be, and smile eerily at her approaching form.

She suddenly jerked to a halt, nearly succeeding in kissing the ground. But she flung out her arms and caught her balance in time. I inwardly sighed; what a pity.

"What the..."

I looked down at the same time she did, smirking while she screamed. Thick black tendrils of shadows were curled around her legs, stretching out from her own, seemingly harmless shadow. They slithered up legs and tugged her down, pulling her into the suddenly bubbling black earth.

"This isn't.... It's not like Shikamaru's at all!" she screeched, flailing around, jabbing at the shadows with her kunai to no avail. I calmly walked up to her and crouched down so that we were at eye level; she was currently buried in the darkness up to her waist.

"Now whoever told you I play like Shikamaru?" I asked. She tried to spit at me, but I turned and dodged with ease.

More of her body was claimed by the shadows, until only her head and shoulders poked above the earth. Fear danced in her eyes, and I almost felt remorse for what I was doing. But I shook it off, thinking of how many hearts she'd toyed with, how many lives she'd turned upsidedown.

I stared down at her, while a silent scream ached to be pulled from her lips. "You realize you've brought this on yourself, don't you?" I asked thoughtfully. She didn't respond, horror-glazed eyes on nothing by the darkness engulfing her. "There is always punishment for those who play with hearts, for those who feel little to no guilt for their actions. You, Meredith Law, Suki Tsukino, have not once repented for what you've done to the Genin of the Leaf. You said it yourself, not too long ago. You choose Tobi. Am I wrong?" Once again, there was silence echoing back from my question. I sighed. "Whether you admit it or not, I know it to be the truth. And yet you string the Genin along, like play things you aren't prepared to give up. And at the same time, you wish to ensnare new prey. It's sickening, Suki. I'm nauseas just being in your presence."

The pool of shadows surrounding her had taken all but the top of her head at this point. I stood up and dusted off my shorts. This hadn't been as amusing as I'd hoped it to be. But perhaps my message had gotten through. In any case, I knew it was time for the games to end.

With a final glance at the girl formerly known as Meredith Law, I raised my foot and dropped it onto her head, pushing her fully into the shadows. They dissipated as quickly as they appeared, taking with them any last remnent of Suki.

I sighed, looking around the empty clearing.

At the very least, I was able to procure some practice time for myself.

Ari's POV

Scarlette and Suki hadn't moved in almost ten minutes. Though during that time, Suki's faced had gone through a multitude of expressions, ranging from smug, to shocked, to terrified. The last one was insanity, I think. At least, I imagine that's what insanity looked like as a simple facial expression.

When it was creeping up on the eleven-minute mark, Suki dropped to the ground, twitching like a dying squirrel. Scar sighed and shook her head, leaning back against a tree.

"That was boring," Vi complained, pouting like a little kid. I nodded. "Very," I muttered. "What the hell did Scarlette do?!"

"Dunno, go check!" And with that, my loving sister kicked me in the ass and shoved me off the branch. She's just lucky I flipped and landed on my feet in a crouched position, or there would have been hell to pay. But since I was like a cat, and always landed on my feet, all was forgiven.

"What was that?!" I demanded as I trudged over to where Scar was relaxing against the eerie-looking tree. She blinked open her glittering black eyes and regarded me with amusement.

"Demonic Illusions: Black Despair," she told me. At my uncomprehending stare, she added, "It's a Genjutsu I've been working on. It seems it's decently effective against weak-minded individuals." She nodded towards Suki, who was just regaining consciousness, groaning like an old man with back problems. Ugh, she reminded me of Grandpa. Without the liver spots.

"New Genjutsu, huh?" I asked, mildly impressed. Oh who am I kidding? I was freaking ecstatic for Scar. I glomped her, catching her off guard, and we tumbled to the ground in a very dignified heap. "You're flipping fantastic, Scar! You made your own jutsu! Let's throw a party!"

"Maybe later," she said, shoving me off her and climbing to her. "Right now, it appears she's all yours Ari. I've had my fun." She jumped from the clearing and seated herself beside Vi, who began pestering her with questions.

I turned back to Suki. She'd just gotten to her own feet and looked incredibly groggy and disoriented. I was ok with that. More than ok.

I held up one hand, the other held behind my back. My feet slid in a battle-ready stance, itching to leap forward and slam Suki's face in. but I held myself back, and waited for her to move.

Her spinning eyes locked on me as she limped around in a dizzy circle, swaying like Lee when he was drunk. I stifled a laugh; there was nothing funnier than Lee after he mistakenly drank that bottle of sake during his fight with Kimimaro!

"You... you copied that freak, Rock Lee," Suki panted, eyeing me with distaste.

I smirked. "Possibly," I said with a carefree shrug. "But I want to test that out. So this match will be purely Taijutsu, that cool with you? You don't really look up to using jutsu at the moment anyway."

She growled like a cornered beast, settling herself in a stance much like Sasuke's. I wasn't the only one who copied off a brilliant fighter.

Without wasting time, I leaped forward, swinging my leg around to slam it into her face. Her arms came up to block, but I feinted round and appeared behind her to deliver a jarring kick to the small of her back.

She crashed forward, but was almost immediately back on her scrawny chicken legs.

She came at me wildly, with barely any hint of grace. her fist came flying toward my head and I ducked and swept her feet out from under her, causing her to hit the dirt.

"I'm not as fast as Lee," I said, tapping my foot impatiently, waiting for her to get up, "but I'm definitely faster than you."

"Stop running your mouth bitch!" she growled, painfully rising to her feet. I think the adrenaline was causing her to forget about he burn on her leg, because it looked pretty nasty from where I was standing. a crippling wound, really. but she was on her feet and ready to kill me.

As if.

She dashed forward, three kunai appearing between her pale fingers. I narrowed my eyes as she threw them. didn't I say this was just going to be a Taijutsu match? Oh well.

I jumped to avoid the knives and flipped forward. caught off guard, she wasn't prepared when I, upside down no less, gripped her shoulders. I shifted my weight and threw her upwards as I landed gracefully on my feet.

She was screaming. Oh she had no idea what was going on.

I leaped up and flashed above her, grinning a little demonically. She screamed all the more. there was just one thing I wanted to do before we left her alone. And I was so satisfied I got to do it.

As she started to fall, I spun around and performed my favorite move ever created by a Leaf Shinobi. Even if I stole it from them.

"Sand Huricane!"

My whirling foot collided with her face. The crunch if cartilage crackled in my ears told me I'd probably broken her nose, the spurting blood that fouled the air another indication.

The force of the impact sent her hurtling for the ground and she crashed, throwing up a cloud of dirt, grass and other assorted rubble.

Suki lay in a crater caused by moi, dazed yet not broken. She was covered in various bruises, her only significant wound he one on her thigh that came from Violet. Her face, however, was a mess of gore and blood. she looked a freaking vampire!

I dusted off my hands, smiling slightly too wide for the situation. But I was happy. I'd gotten my revenge at last. you know, I could see why Sasuke wanted vengeance so badly. Too bad his was really pointless.

I slowly walked up to the skank. she couldn't sit up or move as far as I could tell, so I felt she was no threat at the moment.

"That," I hissed, "was for Kiba. Stay away from him, or you won't be as lucky the next time. Gaara too. He doesn't even remotely like you."

With that said I rejoined my sister in the trees. They both looked as satisfied as I felt. "That was fun," I commented, earning a giggle from Vi and an eye roll from Scar.

"I believe it's time for us to take our leave then," Scar said.

I grinned. "Yeah! We gotta find something to do for the next five days!"

Scar gave me an "are you high?" look. I only grinned more.

"You'd don't think we're leaving before the prelims, do you?"

She sighed and dropped her head into her hands. "I should've guessed," she muttered, barely audible."

I turned to Violet and nearly had a heart attack. "Where did you get that?!" I demanded, jabbing a finger at her.

She looked down at the milk chocolate bar in her hands, then sheepishly wiped away the brown smudges from around her mouth. "Found it?" she mumbled around the sweet, chocolatey goodness she was trying to swallow.

Scarlette had a field day trying to keep me from killing Violet.

But through it all, we completely forgot about Suki.

Not that it really mattered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gah! I suck at fight scenes I'm so sorry! I hope it wasn't as awful as I think it was. But anyway, next chapter the Hayes sisters get a little too close for comfort during the preliminary rounds held in the Tower. Should be fun!