Sensei, Sensei, Where Art Thou, Sensei?

Ari's POV

Kankuro really needed to moisturize those thumping fists of his. I mean, I ducked out of the way when he tried to knock me over the head, his fist brushed against my cheek, and it left a burn mark! Like when my Uncle tried to give me hugs and all he really did was give me the irrational (according to Scar) fear of beards. 

Still loved Asuma and all them awesome Ninja, just wished they'd ditch the face fur.

Things for us Hayes triplets had been going well. After greeting (getting beaten up by) the Sand Siblings, they'd taken us back home and forced the story out of us. By silent agreement, we decided to leave out the Akatsuki as a whole. Scar and I thought there was no point in worrying them; it was our problem to deal with if Tobi came back before his time. Violet became teary-eyed everytime Tobi/Obito was mentioned, so she was all-too-happy to go along with it.

The story we came up with to replace our whacky Akatsuki adventures was this: Scarlette and I thought someone was trying to invade the Village (this made Kankuro and Temari very uneasy) and we went to invesitigate. We found the intruders, but they were Mist Village Jonin and waaaaaay too strong for us to handle alone, so we got our asses whooped in no time and they, sensing incoming Leaf Ninja, took us with them when they fled. We didn't get a chance to escape until we were nearly at the ocean, and by then Vi had already left and caught up with us, and so we made our way back here together.

Needless to say, there was much yelling and crying and shouts of "You idiotic brats!" from the audience when we finished.

After Temari treated our Kankuro-inflicted wounds, we settled back in the living room. Kankuro leaned back against the wall, head turned away from us; Temari sat on one side of the couch, with Scarlette in the middle and Gaara on her other side; and me and Vi took spots in front of the couch. Their floors were surprisingly comfy, like, I honestly wanted to curl up and take a nap on them, even when a dust bunny flew up my nose and nearly choked me to death.

Vi had a field day pounding my back, trying to not make me die.

And that's when Temari told us what happened in the Leaf Village after we'd been taken. We acted surprised to all the surprising moments, angry when we should have felt they didn't trust us, and tearful when they described what happened to the Kazekage. That was an emotion none of us had to fake; his death still hit us as hard as when we saw his body in the streets. 

 Well, all that was a couple days ago. At the moment, it was around six in the morning, we'd been called into the Kazekage's office (currently empty of said Kazekage), Baki was staring at us like we'd personally wronged him (we might have, who was I to say when I was so damned crazy), and all I wanted was a cup of coffee. Too bad for me, I found out long ago that Ninja don't drink coffee. It doesn't exist! We drink tea like those prissy British wannabes. Tea! How was I supposed to get all stupid and hyper with tea?

Scar pinched the back of my neck, then slapped a hand over my mouth to stifle my yelp of intense pain. "I already find you stupid and hyper," she whispered under her breath, careful to hide her lips behind my mess of hair. "I highly doubt you're in need of coffee for such a thing. Now cease your grumbling; Baki has been looking like he wishes to place a kunai between your eyes for the last five minutes."

Ah. Bad. 

I slapped her hand away and crossed my arms rebelliously. My lips quirked into a smirk and I leaned forward ever-so-slightly to let Baki, seated behind the Kazekage's desk, feel the full, arrogant force of it. "So, Baki-baka, what'd you call us for?" I asked; his visible eye twitched with annoyance at my nickname for him. "I really don't think it was because you've got the hots for a trio of fourteen-year-olds, so get to the point already and stop undressing us with your eyes!"