Two's Company, Three's A Madhouse

Violet's POV

Suki wouldn't stop complaining. I really, really tried to be nice and all, but she wouldn't quit it! She talked more than Naruto when he ranted about ramen! 

I shot her another frown as we landed on a thick branch, high above the dusty, shadow-filled ground below. The trees here were thinner than the ones you could find close to Konoha, less full and welcoming; I knew we had to be close to the border. I just didn't know which border that might be. I really hoped we weren't crossing into Wind Country. What if we got caught by Ninjas and I had to explain what was going on?

That wouldn't be fun at all!

I paused on the branch, looking around us with wide eyes. Nothing looked familiar. I took that as a good sign and giggled happily, stretching my arms high above my head. Suki sneered at me, lips twisted in a very un-pretty scowl.

"Your face'll freeze like that, Suki-chan!" I commented innocently, grinning at her. She flinched and smoothed out her face, turning away from me to glare frustratedly at the ground.

"What is with you?" she snapped, still refusing to look at me.

I blinked, cocking my head to the side. She wasn't making sense. I'd been acting this way the whole trip! Why was she questioning me now? "What do you mean, Suki-chan?" I asked.

She scoffed and twisted to face me, throwing out her arms for emphasis. Or balance. She looked a little wobbly, and I debated whether I would choose to save her or not. I was leaning towards no, Ari's obvious hatred of the girl flashing through my mind. 

"You're a freaking bipolar bitch!" she said. A kinda triumphant smirk pulled at her lips now; I thought it might've been cause she hadn't toppled to the ground yet. I internally pouted. This trip was no fun at all.

"Why's that?"

She let out an exasperated (and overdramatic) sigh, placing her hands on her hips, which she'd conveniently cocked to look seductive...ish. "One minute you're all bubbly and psychotic, the next you're a freaking monster with a kunai and psychotic!"

"Oh!" I giggled. "That's cause you bother me. I don't act like that around anyone else!"

She sweat dropped. Her mouth opened, like she was planning to rant, but just as quickly closed. She blew out a long, slow breath, lifting the fringe from her eyes that seemed so unnecessary to me. I mean, I wouldn't let Scar cut her hair because she looked adorable with it, but this was Suki! She was about as adorable as Kakuze without his mask.

No offense to Kakuzu fangirls!

 "A whiny little Barbie bitch like you doesn't have the right to say things like that to me."

"If you're looking for sympathy," I said, my voice losing its signature giggle, "you're not gonna get it from me." Her eyes widened furiously as I went on. "You're sad cause you died, right? In reality? But you're alive here! You should be happy and want to do fun things all the time! Like eating ramen and playing with Lee! You're the bitch, Suki-chan, not me. I'm grateful for having come here, and I think you're underserving of the second chance. Now c'mon, I wanna find my sisters!"

I leapt off our shared branch, finding my footing on another in a moment, then made for the next tree. I didn't have to turn around, or even listen, to know Suki wasn't moving. I didn't have time for her drama. My sisters could be d-de-- Nuh uh. I wasn't going to think about that. It wasn't a possibility. They had to be ok, cause if they weren't...