Hayes Triplets... Special Training?

Violet's POV

"Sensei! You're only eighteen?!"

Hibiki Sensei didn't even pause to answer Ari's question; he expertly dodged my flung shuriken and, mid-flip, called back, "I am! What's up?"

"I dunno... it's just... you're like four years older than us!" Ari exclaimed as she spun herself at Sensei, leg a deadly pinwheel, in her amazing Sand Hurricane. "It's just weird!"

Sensei threw out a hand and closed his fingers around Ari's ankle at the last second; having lost her momentum, she twisted mid-air and ended up smashing her face into the sand. Cursing loudly, she turned her head and spit out all the grit that stained her teeth. I giggled at the sight; she looked like a worm, trying to eat the dirt!

"Well..." Hibiki Sensei dropped Ari's ankle and she collapsed fully onto the ground, prompting another fit of curses. He walked forward, twirling a kunai around his finger. "I can see why it might be a little weird but... It's nothing to worry about! I'm not a pervert or anything!"

"That's... not really my point..." Ari mumbled as she rolled over onto her back, chest heaving from the strain of our practice. It had been a while since we did anything so hard. Sensei was a really good teacher, though, and he said our skills were definitely improving! He even knew some Fire Style jutsu that he was teaching me!

Seeing the conflicted look on Ari's face, I crouched down and whispered into her ear, "Think about Kiba! Kiba!"

She blushed and threw her hands over her face. Aw! My sis was so cute when she was embarrassed!

"I didn't mean that either!" she snapped, kicking blindly for my leg. I sidestepped and all she hit was air. Oh, poor air... Ari kicks hard, too! "I meant that I thought it was weird that someone so young could be a Sensei! I thought he was Kakashi's age at least!"

I would have said something, but Sensei's shout of, "Ha! Nice trick Scar! But it didn't work!" cut me off. I jumped to my feet, shading my eyes so that I could see where Scar was stepping out from the shadow of a huuuge rock in the corner of the clearing. She smiled as Sensei stooped to pick up a tag she must have buried in the sand earlier when no one was looking.

"I've never seen someone trap a Genjutsu in a tag before," he whistled proudly. "Though the principle behind it makes sense, since there are tags with other jutsu in them. Nice work, Scarlette. I like your way of thinking!"

"Your praise is exaggerated," was all Scar said in reply. As she walked closer, I glomped her as spectularly as I could.

"So cool! So cool! So cool!" I giggled, squeezing her tighter. She flicked my forehead and shoved me off. I whimpered in protest and hid behind Hibiki Sensei, who chuckled at my display and ruffled my hair.

"I don't exaggerate when it comes to my students," Hibiki told Scar with his usual grin. "You're incredibly bright for your age, and you should hear it more often. It's just that people in this Village are a little more crabby than most, so they don't give out compliments that easily."

"So why are you like this, Sensei?" Ari asked. She'd finally picked herself up and joined our group, so I hopped from Sensei's side to hers. She smiled and threw her arm around my neck.

"Oh, me?" Sensei gave us a closed-eye smile. "I'm not from this Village either."

"Ehhhhh?!"

"Mm, it's true," he promised as he went around, collecting our fallen kunai and shuriken. "I'm actually an orphan from the Grass Village. The Sand raided them eighteen years ago and found me abandoned in one of the homes. The late Kazekage decided I could be an asset to the Sand Village and gave me a home here with a nice family of Ninja. I never found out about my birth parents, but I don't really care anyhow. I'm a loyal Sand Village Shinobi, through and through! Just like how you three are."