Chapter 21

I take a deep breath in before I knock. I hope mom won't ground me or even worse. If only I can just tell her about Harry but well... That would be too risky, and she'll probably think I'm crazy, so it's better to just keep it to myself. Also, this is for her safety.

I was about to knock again but the door unexpectedly flung open to reveal my mom in a very angry expression. I'm dead. She looked like she stayed up all night with those dark circles under her eyes.

"Mom, I can expla-" I start but immediately got cut off by mom.

"Shut it Brae! I don't want to hear any more excuses." She states through clenched teeth.

"You have no idea how worried I was! I even stayed up the whole night waiting for you since I found out that you were no longer in your room!" She yells as her hands were thrown all over the air in frustration.

I just avoid her gaze on me as I uncomfortably fiddled with my fingers. This is entirely Harry's fault. After a moment of silence, she grabs my wrist and pulls me in the house.

"Go in your room." She demands in a stern voice, her back facing me. She was clearly trying to contain her anger from exploding.

I hurriedly ran upstairs and went inside my bedroom. I plop on my bed as I try to block every thoughts about Harry. I just want to forget about him rightnow. I hope we won't be seeing eachother anymore. I want to see him but I just don't think it's right that he's with me. He will just bring me in danger.

I groan as I remember school will be starting tomorrow. I hate this... Tomorrow will be hell for me.

••••

"Wake up." I hear my mom say as I hugged my pillow tighter, not wanting to let it go.

"Brae... Don't let me repeat it." She warns in a very stern voice which actually made me 50% awake.

I groan and stretched, savouring my moment in bed. I lazily crawled out of my beloved bed and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

After taking a shower, I went straight to my closet and search for something comfortable to wear. I decided that I'll just wear a black tshirt with a skull print on it which will kinda make me look like an emo, and to top it off with some random skinny jeans. I brush my hair and left it natural as always. I don't wear make up so... Yeah, I just walked out of my room and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

"Goodmorning mom." I chirped, forgetting the fact that she's still mad at me.

"Hmm." She placed the plate on the dining table and I quickly sat down, obviously hungry. Yum, scrambled eggs with bacon. Definitely my fave, although everything is my favorite when it comes to food. Food is totally awesome as fuck.

"Uh mom... I'm sorry about yesterday. I promise I won't do it again. I don't want you to be mad at me any longer." I say, chewing my food. It was sort of disrespectful but my mom doesn't really care anyway.

A heavy sigh escaped between her lips as she approaches me. She takes a sit infront of me and puts her hand on my shoulder. "Just please Brae... Don't make me worry. I don't want to lose you like how I lost your dad. Please understand that, okay?"

"Okay mom, I understand. I'm sorry..." I smile sympathetically at her as I reach for her hand and gave it a light squeeze. She gave me a weak smile before standing up.

As I took my glass of water, a sudden thought unexpectedly came up into my mind. "Oh and mom?"

"Yes?"

"How did you know I was in the asylum?"

"Nurse Hayley called me." That bitch. I didn't even see her there.

I nod as I stand up and grab my backpack.

"Also, if possible try coming home early." Mom says, walking over to me.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"Because there's this murderer on the loose, and it's not just a normal murderer. It's in the news last night and the person was killed brutally at some street near to us. The victim was torn limb from limb, and it was like he was eaten by some animal, so I want you to be careful when walking home."

"It's probably an animal. No sane person could ever do that."

"Yeah I hope it's just an animal because it would be really terrifying if it was a human."

"Anyways, I should be going now. See you mom." I embrace her with a hug before I went off to school.

While I was walking, I suddenly bumped into someone, causing for me to almost fall but luckily the person caught my arm on time.

"Be careful." A familiar voice spoke which made me look up to see a very serious looking Harry.

I furrow my eyebrows as I back away from him since I was abit too close to him. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm taking u to school." He bluntly responds. Something is off about him.

"Nah I'm fine walking." I tell him before I walk past him.

"Sure?"

I jump in fright as I find Harry leaning against the wall ahead of me. How did he get there so fast. My eyes widened in shock while I stare at him in disbelief.

A smirk grew across his face. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head as I continue to walk but this time, in a quick pace.

"Are you ignoring me?" I hear Harry ask from behind me but I refuse to respond.

"Brae, stop."

He is absolutely not normal and I just to get away from him already. Why can't he just leave me alone. Noticing that Harry was still following me, I was left with no choice but to run.

_______________________________
Hey guys!!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, I'm slowly losing motivation with this story because I don't know if people are actually interested in reading this, but don't worry, I don't plan on stopping with this yet.

Anyways, please don't forget to VOTE SHARE COMMENT and FOLLOW

See ya loves <3