Chapter 31.

"Uh okay." I awkwardly say, looking out the window. Then out of the blue, something suddenly came up into my mind, causing me to jolt up in my seat and look at Harry.

"Harry, stop the car!" I demand. He gives me a puzzled look as he turns the engine off.

"What?" He asks.

"We have to save someone." I breathed out.

Harry laughs as he shook his head. "I have no time to be a superhero, Brae."

"Harry, I'm not joking. I heard this girl screaming an-"

"You're probably hearing things." He cuts me off and starts the engine.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Harry no. I'm not hearing things. I'm 100 percent sure that I heard the girl scream for help. Two times even."

"I don't want to deal with your shit, okay?" He groans as he starts to drive.

"Stop the car!" I yell.

"No."

"Harry stop!"

"Bullshit, Brae! Shut up or I'll drag you out of this goddamn car." He threatens, his jaw clenching.

I immediately shut my mouth, definitely not wanting to be left alone in this place. I could've said another word but he was seemingly serious so it's better to just keep my mouth shut before he explodes and push me off the car. However, I feel so bad for the girl. If I was some superhero, I would absolutely help her without any hesitation. I wonder what's happening to her rightnow. I try to push that thought away, not being able to accept the fact that I couldn't save her so it's better to just not think about it or I'll end up depressed or something. Ugh, I'm seriously overreacting.

After awhile of silence, I glance at Harry who was now furrowing his eyebrows as he was driving quietly. My eyes can't help but stare at his flawless face until my gaze landed on his lips. There was a red smudge just beside them. It was too small for me to completely identify so I squinted my eyes to see clearly. I have the feeling it's blood, but I don't want to assume and jump into stupid conclusions. Without warning, I raise my hand to touch the smudge beside his lips.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks in a sudden as he smacks my hand away.

"You have something on your mouth." I say.

He narrows his eyesbrows in confusion as he checks himself in the rear view mirror. He quickly wipes the red smudge with his thumb as soon as he saw what I was talking about.

"Is that blood?" I quietly ask.

He gives me a glance. "No."

"What is it then?"

"Ketchup."

"You were eating?"

"What's up with all these fucking questions?" He harshy snaps at me, obviously having a hard time making up an excuse.

"I'm sorry... I'm just curious. I dread to think it's blo-"

"Why are you curious about everything?! Can't you just get over it? I told you it's ketchup so shut up already. Why do I have to answer everything?!" He angrily yells in my face and slams the steering wheel with his fist, causing me to flinch in fright as my eyes widen. I have a sudden urge to jump out of this car but I pushed that thought away to prevent myself from further danger.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble under my breath as I lower my head in remorse.

A heavy sigh escaped between his lips. "You should control yourself from time to time."

"I know." I mumble. "Am I allowed to ask what time it is?"

He chuckles and checks his wristwatch. "7:32"

My eyes widened. "Fuck, my mom is going to kill me. What should I do? Fuck, fuck, fuck." I start to panic as my breathing became erratic.

"Loosen up. She won't hate you forever." He jokes, laughing.

I shot him a glare. "My mom will fucking ground me, do you think that's cool?"

"No, but you can always find a way to escape." He winks and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not some troublemaker like you, Harry."

"Stop trying to be perfect at everything. Experience different shit and be a rebel for once."

"I'm afraid of making mistakes." I honestly tell him. I'm kind of a perfectionist from it seems but to tell you the truth, I just hate being corrected and scolded for doing something wrong, so I try to prevent those as much as possible eventhough it's hard in Harry's case.

"What the hell. You know what? The biggest mistake you could ever make is being too afraid to make one."

"I think I've heard that somewhere." I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Yeah it's a qoute, so what."

I stifle a laugh, finding it quite amusing for a guy like him to use inspirational quotes. I did not expect Harry to know any of them at all. Now, I feel bad for underestimating him.

"Where did you get that anyway?" I ask.

"Somewhere."

•••••

"Thanks for the ride." I give him a slight smile as I hop out of the car.

"Goodluck." He winks at me, causing me to roll my eyes. I hope that luck will help me from getting killed by my own mom. God, I'm overreacting again.

"Bye, Harry." I groan as I turn around and start walking over to my house across the street.

"Wait, Brae." I hear him call out, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. I turn around with confusion written all over my face.

He flashes a cheeky grin at me before he spoke; "Taking risks and making choices is what makes life so exciting."

_____________________________________
Sorry for the short chapter... I'm currently going through a bit of depression rightnow so yeah. I hope this is still good enough though.