Chapter 32.

I nervously lifted my hand up and knocked on the wooden door with full hesitation. My heart jumped as soon as it slowly swung open to reveal my mom fuming.

"Get in." She firmly tells me.

"Okay." I mumble as I promptly stepped inside before closing the door behind me.

"Where were you?" She asks me in a stern voice as she quietly sat down on the couch.

"School." I lied.

"Don't lie to me, Brae." Fuck.

"I-I was with a friend. We hung out and stuff after school." I stammered while nervously fiddling with my
fingers. I feel so guilty already. I've been lying to mom constantly and that's not me at all. What's happening to me? Is this all because of Harry? Well, probably. I should just stay away from him for my safety and for mom.

"With who?" She press in.

"Ha-harry." I lower my head in remorse as his name rolled out of my tongue in a strange way.

"What?!" She snaps, standing up. "He is only bringing you in danger, don't you see?!"

"I see..." I truthfully reply. I knew from the very start that he was no good for me to be my friend, but something in him intrigues me and makes me want to know him deeply. He is one of a kind and somewhat unique in my eyes, and somehow I couldn't let him slip out of my fingers that easily.

"Then stay away from him. From now on, you will be avoiding and ignoring him, is that understood?" She sternly asks.

"Yes mom..." I mumbled.

A heavy sigh escaped between her lips as she slowly approaches me. "This is for your own good, Brae. I don't want you to be with a wrong person and most importantly, I don't want you coming home so late. There was another news yesterday about the murderer. He overall killed 5 people already. Please listen to me..."

I never thought the murderer could be this worse. "You're right mom. I will try my best to come home early and... Avoid Harry." God, please help me with this.

•••••

"Here's your book, Brae." Luke says, handing me the book.

"Hmm." I hum as I took it out of his hand and placed it inside my bag. He usually borrow books from me since he's too lazy to bring his own or get them from his locker. Apparently. he hasn't opened his locker for ages. It's quite crazy to be honest. Nonetheless, I'm surprised that he didn't lose my book this time or fail in giving it back to me. Good job, Luke. Hopefully, he'll continue which I doubt he will.

"So..." He trails off. "How's the guy?"

"What guy?" I am certain this is about Harry again. Can't I have a break.

"The Henry dude with loads of tattoos and shit."

I laughed. "You mean, Harry?"

"Oh yeah whatever." I'm aware that he doesn't care about him but Harry is such a simple name to memorize, in my opinion. Now I completely understand why he fails in almost all of his subjects.

"Well, he's not my concern so I don't know." I shrug, hoping he would just keep his mouth shut. I'm terribly trying to forget about Harry and he's not helping at all.