Chapter 3.

Brae's Point of View

"Brae?"

"Wh-What?" I frantically glance beside me, and as soon as I realized it was only mom, relief washed through me, but the feeling of shock was still clinging onto my emotions. Tons of questions were irresistibly bombarding me, and it just keeps growing more and more. How is it possible for a stranger, who's insane and locked up in an asylum, to know my name and my father. Just . . . how?

"Are you okay, honey? You look like you've seen a ghost," mom states, giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze.

I've seen worse, mom . . . so much worse.

"I'm fine. Let's just see dad and go home already," I mutter, trying to brush off the encounter that I recently had with Harry. I might think about it later but as of now, it's all about my father.

••••

My eyes examined dad's ward as I silently fiddled with my fingers in anxiety. Countless of different possibilities were flooding inside my head that made it hard for me to think straight. I was in the midst of extreme apprehension. Everything seemed surreal and hard to fathom. I slowly raise my hand up to my forehead, the feeling of whirling sensation taking over me in an instant.

"Are you ready?" Nurse Hayley inquired with a warm smile spreading across her face.

"Yeah . . . " I reply and looked over to mom. "Let's go mom."

She slightly chuckles and shakes her head. "I'm not going in, Brae."

I couldn't help but frown in perplexity. "What? Why? I thought we're both meeting dad."

"I'm not ready."

Sighing in defeat, I gave her a slight nod before my attention diverted to Nurse Hayley. "Let's go."

She nods and opens the door slowly. The feeling of angst instantly started to overwhelm me as my palms began sweating like crazy. The erratic beating of my heart was ringing through my ears as I breathe in and out in attempt to calm myself.

Once the door was fully open, I reluctantly walked in with Nurse Hayley being ahead of me.

All of a sudden, my eyes widened and my whole body froze.

In front of me, was an old man sitting on the worn-out bed, his unfamiliar figure facing the opposite side, making it hard for me to clearly see his face.

"Is he my da-dad?" I asked, my voice shaky as I did not dare move an inch.

"Yes. Now, go on." She slightly pushed me forward, causing me to stumble a little. I took a deep breathe in and out before I carried on walking towards him. My knees were trembling every step I take making it hard for me to walk. This was something I have never felt in my entire 15 years of existence. The feeling is somewhat indescribable, I must say.

I reached my shaking hand out and as soon as it made contact with his shoulder, shivers ran down my spine and goosebumps started to form across my arms.

"Dad?"
_________________________________

I'm so sorry for the extremely short chapter :c