Chapter 10

Days  passed and everything stayed pretty much the same. Dean was scared pretty much all the time and Castiel always tried to make him feel safe, but it seemed that Dean had been awfully traumatized. Castiel tried to have conversations with him, but it never worked that way he planned and most of the time Dean ended up apologizing and begging. He hadn't showed Dean the impala in the garage, since he knew that as soon as he saw it he would want to work on it despite his injuries. He hadn't given Dean his pendant either, in all honesty he forgot about it until he found it in the pocket of his jeans. The leather chain was broken and the amulet looked very peculiar. It was a little bronze head, with something that looked like horns. He decided that he would fix it for Dean before giving it back to him.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Dean had begun gaining weight. Castiel fed him incredibly good. 3 or sometimes even 4 times a day. He had never been fed this good in his entire life. Usually, whenever slaves got their master's leftovers or the disgusting porridge Dean always shared it with Sam. Until the night of their failed escape attempt anyway.
Dean always hoped to meet Sam again someday, always dreamt of a person to come and buy him, and that person to be Sammy or to be free and look for his brother. He also decided that Sam would have loved Castiel, with his kindness and patience. Dean liked Cas, which was incredibly rare, since slaves usually despite their masters. Dean knew that Castiel was different somehow or at least he didn't beat and abuse him 24/7, he thanked whoever was in charge of the universe for giving him to Cas. The days were usually calm and uneventful, Dean ached to go outside, to the garden, near the swimming pool, but he was still scared of Cas and of asking Cas if he could go outside for at least 5 minutes. He loved being outside, which was usually a rare luxury since the only time he was outside was usually to be transported to a sadistic sex party. He really wanted to feel the sun on his skin, it had been too long since he was outside.
One day, a Saturday, during breakfast (which he was allowed to eat now that he was with Cas) Dean dared to ask a different question, which would either lead him outside or to a beating.
"Sir?" He said
"Mmh?" Cas said with a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.
"Um.. Do-" he cleared his throat " Do you like being outside?"
Castiel was still half asleep so instead of answering he said "what?"
Dean got scared, oh this was a bad idea.
"I-I it's nothing sir never mind, I don't want to bother you"
"It's fine Dean, I just didn't hear you"
Dean fidgeted, looked down and started moving his eggs nervously around his plate. Cas insisted on getting him some protein.
"I-" Dean sighed "Do you like being outside sir?"
"Well, it depends on the weather, but I really enjoy watching the bees. They have a hive further down the garden. I can show you if you'd like."
"Yes sir, that would be great" Dean said relieved.
"What about you?"
Tension built in Dean's stomach
"Me, sir?"
"Do you like being outside?" 
Dean didn't want to answer, he really didn't want to reveal the few thing he loved in fear they could be taken away, but in the end he decided not to lie to his master.
"Yes sir, I love being outside"
"Great" Cas said, unaware of Dean's thoughts "I'll show you the hive when you finish your eggs, I don't want you getting any thinner" and then added "You can go outside whenever you want, even swim in the pool if you want"
Dean looked down, embarrassed,
"I don't know how to swim sir"
"Oh" Cas said "Well I can teach you, I mean I'm not certified, but I know a few things"
Was Castiel serious? Nobody ever offered to teach him anything, they always thought he was too stupid and if they ever offered something they always wanted a favor in return.
"What do I have to do sir?"
"It's easier to show you once you are in the pool but basically you just-"
Dean interrupted.
"I meant if you wanted something in return sir. I'm sorry I-I should have phrased it better I just don't I'm not good with words, I'm sorry"
"Dean it's alright it won't cost you anything, I think it would be fun if you knew how to swim for the summer, it gets really hot in here sometimes"
"Thank you sir" Dean meant it genuinely.
"Let's go see the bee hive alright?"
They stood up and walked to the garden, on the far side there was a tree and from the tree there was a strange ball hanging down a branch.
"Wow" Dean sighed before he could stop himself.
"It's amazing isn't it?" Said Castiel "Every year, like clockwork, at the beginning of spring, they come and make their hive, they stay here until the middle of fall and then they leave. I really like my honeybees."
"I think they're awesome sir"
Castiel smiled at him and Dean felt his cheeks heat up.
"Do you want to sit here for a while?" Castiel asked
"Yes sir please"
"I'll go get a blanket"

Cas came out with a picnic blanket and put it down on the ground, Castiel told Dean that he could lay down on it and Dean did. He fell asleep next to Cas after 15 minutes of laying down. He hadn't gotten any sleep the past couple of nights, even though he was relatively comfortable in the house, he was still afraid of Castiel and got nightmares regularly. They weren't even nightmares about Castiel, they were about his previous masters or Sam, mainly Sam. Even if Dean didn't want to see him as a slave, he wanted to see him or at least he wished he was alive.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Castiel noticed the little panicked words escaping from Dean's lips while he slept. Most of them were "please" or "no" or "sorry" The sight of Dean begging, even in his sleep, broke Castiel more than the fact that Dean still called him "sir"or sometimes "sir Cas" if he wasn't paying attention. He stroked Dean's hair softly as not to wake him and then he kissed him on the forehead. Castiel decided that he was going to be the one to put Dean's pieces back together.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'm back!!!! Sorry it took me way longer than usual to update and that this chapter was shorter. I've been busy with the horrible horror that is school. I'm almost out, so you will get more updates during summer.
HAPPY SUPERNATURAL SEASON FINALE!!!! who am I kidding I'm probably going to die watching this.
So I love you guys and push it hard this last days of the semester, trust me it's really worth it. Be fabulous and amazing and powerful. ❤️
Music recommendation: Taxi Cab by twenty one pilots.