Chapter 11

Dean was sitting on the table, waiting for Castiel to give him his dinner. His hair was still wet from the shower he had taken earlier. His face was tanned, or at least it wasn't milky white anymore, he could see his freckles coming back to life. He looked at his reflection on the spoon he had grabbed from the drawer when Cas told him to 'please set the table.' He also noticed the way the bruise near his jaw was healing as well as his feet and ribs. Dean flinched when Castiel placed a hand on his shoulder and he stiffed. Castiel must've noticed because he withdrew his hand quickly.
"We're lucky we went outside earlier, it looks like it's going to rain"
Dean looked out the window and noticed the big, grey, clouds settling over the hills. "I hope there's no thunder" he whispered. He had always been afraid of storms, but he specially hated thunder, the noise always scared him and Sam out of their wits when they were chained in the dark basements.
"I agree Dean" Castiel said, interrupting his thoughts. " I really dislike the noise"
"Yes sir" Dean said timidly.

"Well, looks like dinner is ready" Castiel moved to the oven and got the tray containing the chicken pot pie. He set it down on the table and cut a piece for each of them. Dean took a bite slowly and his eyes widened. Castiel looked at him, smiled and said " I take it you like it"
"Yes sir, this is great!"
"Well I'm glad, Dean"
"Sir? Do you think, um, Do you think you can teach me how to cook?"
Castiel looked up at Dean in surprise, Dean never asked for anything and Castiel almost jumped out of his seat in joy at hearing Dean make a request, even if he did so quietly and shyly.
Dean looked at Castiel's face and quickly backpedaled.
"Or its okay if you don't want to, I-I just think you are a good cook, a great cook, one of the best and I thought-" Dean stopped rambling  and dug his nails in his palms.
"Dean I would be honored to teach you"
"Thank you sir"
"Oh I just remembered I have something for you" Castiel said "Wait here"  Castiel headed to his room and came back with a small black box.
"Here, open it"
Dean did as he was told and when he saw what was inside his eyes started tearing up.
"Thank you Cas"  he said with a gravelly voice.
Castiel noticed how Dean had used his name, but decided not to acknowledged  it, instead he gave Dean a small smile.
"I fixed it for you, I hope
that's okay"
"I- I can't believe that you- Thank you sir"
Dean took his golden pendant out of the box and put it around his neck.
" I thought it was special for you"
"It is sir, my brother gave it to me" Dean said without thinking.
"You have a brother?" Castiel said astounded.
"I used to" Dean said quietly " I don't know where he is now"
" Dean, I'm sorry. Maybe we could look for him? I mean it must be hard but not impossible and then he could come and stay with us"
"We would never find him sir"
"We could at least try"
"CAN WE JUST NOT TALK ABOUT IT!?" Dean shouted in exasperation. He looked at Cas in fear, he was sure to get a beating now. "I'm sorry sir, I'm sorry"
"Dean it's okay, I understand"
No you don't, Dean thought.
Suddenly Castiel stood up and hugged Dean. The slave was still sitting, so his head was flush with Castiel's chest. Dean did something he never thought he would and he hugged Castiel back.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Stalk me on snapchat
loving_eternity

So this chapter is incredibly short, but I promise that I'm building up for some fluff for the next chapter. It's SUMMER so I'm going to update faster and better? I guess? Mmm... Anyway I love you guys and I'll see you soon.