Chapter 12

•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•
Warning
There is mentions of rape in this chapter so please don't kill me. Enjoy!
•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•_•

The rain started and it was getting bad quickly. Castiel didn't ask more questions about Sam and for that, Dean was grateful. He remembers the day Sam had given him the pendant. It was on January 29, five days after his 18th birthday and the day of their escape. He was sore from a whipping he had taken especially on his birthday, all because the master's son, who disliked slavery, had given him a small piece of cake with a candle to celebrate. His master caught them in the act and immediately took Dean outside and beat him bloody.
Sam and Dean where both in leashes,  kneeling, in the antique shop, when Sam caught sight of the pendant. He stared at it the whole 30 minutes they were in the store. Dean had noticed, but decided not to do anything. In their situation it was better to just appreciate the small things. While their master was talking to an employee about an ugly painting of a hunter on top of a lion the store's owner grabbed the pendant, "dropped" it, and when he knelt down he pressed it into Sam's 13 year old hand. Sam just stared at him with fear and disbelief. 'Keep it' the owner mouthed 'For good luck' he winked at them and then he was gone. Later that night, when Dean called their master a fucking asshole for whipping his little brother and their master got infuriated and beat the crap out of both of them, then chained them to the basement's chains, a very shy master's son came down, unlocked the cuffs and told them to run and get out of there. Bare feet ran as fast as they could, but they weren't fast enough and just when Dean removed the tracker from Sam and told him to go and to not look back, Sam crying hysterically and telling Dean to please go with him, He pressed the pendant he had hidden, carefully, under a box in the basement and gave it to Dean. " For good luck" he sobbed and embraced Dean. Dean's face was soaked with tears as he said 'I love you Sammy' and saw his brother disappear into the cold, December night.
Thunder and lightning brought Dean back to the present . His eyes were leaking tears, but Castiel decided not to comment on it and he kept watching TV. Throwing some concerned glances at the slave every few minutes. Then suddenly, all of the lights flicked off.
Dean flinched, and began shaking.
"Seems like the power has gone out" Castiel said "Don't worry, I have some flashlights."
Cas felt his way through the house, while Dean trembled. He opened the storage's door and pulled out 2 flashlights. Castiel turned his on and headed towards Dean, who laid scared shitless on the couch.
"Here" Castiel handed Dean the flashlight.
"I guess I'm going to go to bed, since the light is out and there are no activities around that can work without the light, you should really turn on the flashlight so you can see your way around the house. I would hate it if you got hurt."
When he didn't get a response, Castiel casted the light upon Dean, who was curled in a fetal position, hugging the flashlight up to his chest and tightly closing his eyes.
"Dean, are you okay?"
"M'scared" Dean mumbled. "And I-" Dean cut himself short.
"You what Dean?" Castiel asked.
"I- I don't, sir I-" Dean shook his head.
"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it" Castiel said, considering Dean's earlier outburst when talking about his brother. "Do you want me to walk you to your room, or would you prefer to stay here?"
"I don't know how to turn on the flashlight" it was a very quiet,small, admission, but somehow it was of great importance to Dean. The fact that he couldn't even turn on a flashlight made him feel way out of touch. Castiel, for his part, didn't make a big deal out of it, instead he just said
"Here, let me teach you" he pressed a button. Dean blushing once he realized how easy it was. Castiel gave the flashlight back to Dean.
"So, do you want me to walk you to your room?"
Dean wanted to go to sleep, he was extremely tired. The problem is that he didn't think he could sleep, the thunder and lightning outside, plus te fact that they were plunged in darkness, made Dean terrified of his surroundings. Also, he was ashamed to admit that he was afraid of Cas, it wasn't Castiel's fault, but Castiel was his master and if he one day woke up and decided to murder Dean, nobody would say anything, not that they could since Dean was absolutely in the middle of nowhere. Nonetheless, the slave decided to suck it up, he clutched his pendant for good luck and said
"Yes sir , please"
Castiel kindly led him to his room. Considering Dean's fear of the darkness he told him he could leave the flashlight on all night if he needed to. All he got was a thank you sir. Gosh he hated when Dean called him sir, he didn't mind a bit of respect, even a little fear, since fear guaranteed that he wasn't going to get murdered by Dean in the middle of the night, but every time Dean called him sir, it was with this defeated kind of tone, like he wanted to say something else, but because of his constant fear of being punished just settled for agreeing, thanking, or apologizing with Castiel.
He sighed "Good night Dean, I'll be in my room if you need me"
"Yes sir."
Castiel shook his head, went to his room, and turned off his flashlight.