Chapter 18

Castile woke up to the sound of the downstairs door closing.
The realization that the heat of the body next to him was missing hitting him too late. He got up, thinking that Dean might have gone to the downstairs bathroom and checked the clock on his wall. It was 6:00 am. Castiel had never been awake this early. He sat on the bed and rubbed his eyes, this whole situation was messed up. He thought that the slave he got would be cured in a day, that they would become best friends and would watch tv shows together or would drink beer outside, on the back porch, while getting eaten by mosquitoes. He never thought that his slave would try to kill himself in the shower. Fuck, everything was so screwed up. Castiel got up and put on his slippers, he headed downstairs, Dean had taken too long and Castiel wouldn't be surprised if Dean had passed out in the bathroom. It had happened before. When he was going downstairs, a current of morning air hit him and his mushy brain slowly noticed that the front door was unlocked. He ran down the rest of the stairs.
"Dean!" He yelled desperately. "Dean where are you?"
Desperation and despair hit him when he saw the bloody tracker on the ground.
Castiel lives on a bloody mountain. If Dean got stranded, there was a big chance that he would never be found. He kept yelling desperately, thinking that when Dean came back home, cuz he was going to come home, Castiel was going to lock the house forever.
Then in a moment of lucidity, he remembered his phone. He rapidly dialed 911 and waited.
"911 what's your emergency?" The operator answered.
"Yes, Hello umm my slave just ran away he um" Castiel was fumbling "He ripped his tracker out so I don't know what to do."
"Do you know if he still had his emergency tracker on sir."
"Um? I'm not sure of what that is."
" We'll try to locate him with that then, if you could give me your slave's number please?"
"46578" Castiel said from memory.
"Okay, it's still transmitting a moving signal, pretty sure he still has it on him." Said the operator in a monotonous voice, "We'll send a patrol car to get him and we'll call you back when we have him at the station."
"Wait!" Castiel protested, but it was too late the operator hung up and left Castiel alone, outside of his house at 6:48 in the morning.
As he stared at the pink sky, Castiel wondered if he had made the right choice.
Staring at the same sky, Dean wondered the same.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
So, long time no see. I'm a pretty big procrastinator, but I missed this story, so more than a year later I'm coming back to it to maybe, possibly, finish it. Won't make any promises. I have also decided that, at least for now, I will not be continuing "Find me I'm not lost." 2017 was a year full of success as well as heartbreak, and I honestly thought it would be best to just finish this story and not try to unsuccessfully balance 2 things at once. So thank you for understanding and thank you if you're still waiting and I'm so sorry to make you wait this long.
Music recommendation: "Give yourself a try" by The 1975.