Chapter Eight

Hi everyone. c; So a big hello to new and old fans. I love how with every chapter I post, I get great feedback(: Please tell me if anything could get better, and all that jizz. This chapter will be bomb as fuck haha(; And if you want to see the dress Dri is wearing in this chapter, here's the link: http://static3.modcloth.com/productshots/0043/692/14440-1.jpg?5d79e41c09d891682011809c806a56e80a8332b8

^Sorry if it's weird or if it doesn't work. This is her dress, but it's in white. ;D

---

Him: I'm outside. But I don't think you can hear me knocking...

It was Sunday afternoon, about a quarter to 3:00 and I was clad in my workout clothes, juggling piles of clothes, the dirty dishes piled up in the sink, some weird show on Animal Planet making the surround-sound speakers shake slightly. Shit, I thought, reading the text and dropping the clothes on the ground right there. I stood, frozen, then dashed to my room and threw a jacket over my sports bra and moved to the door, pulling the door open breathlessly.

"Hi," I squeaked.

He chuckled, probably at the sight of me so disheveled. "Hey. Am I interrupting anything?..."

"Oh. Um, no, come in." I glided aside and he came in, awkwardly standing in my small home. "Um, can I get you anything?"

"I'm alright. Do you mind if I sit down...while you get situated?" He raised his eyebrows playfully and I flushed.

"No, go ahead. I'll be right back."

"Alright." I saw him sit down, gently nudging away a random pile of clothes that just happened to contain a red lacy bra and matching thong, a blush rising in his cheeks as he searched for the remote control.

I went into my bedroom and closed my door silently. After about half an hour of trying to hurry as fast as I could, I exited in a flowy yet modestly short white dress and nude skinny pumps. I tucked three twenty dollar bills into my bra and tussled my newly straightened hair.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Hm? Oh...yeah." He tore his eyes from the screen and all of a sudden, his raw gaze was fixed on me. "You look nice."

"Oh...thanks," I smiled shyly.

"So just a walk in the park? Dinner?"

"We'll see," I smiled. "I'm so glad I got my car fixed, I feel so bad for taking so many rides from you." He smiled a little and chuckled from deep in his throat, a very sexy sound.

"It was no problem. Really."

"Oh, okay." I pulled open a drawer and fished out my car keys. "Ready?"

He rose and flicked off the TV, and with that, we were out the door.

---

"You got a little something right there," he snickered, dabbing at my nose with a white napkin after we'd gotten our frozen yogurt. He knew the area around our neighborhoods so well, he'd proposed we go to a preppier neighborhood, with green parks and night clubs and restaurants dotting downtown's streets. After walking a few blocks, with him having his hood up, of course, I'd spotted a chic little frozen yogurt seller, and we just had to go in.

I swiped at my nose, alarmed, and he laughed for the first time I've ever heard him. It was warm and flowed from his lungs, heating up my heart.

"It's gone," he assured. I laughed, mouth filled, brain freeze setting in on my tongue.

"Shit, it's cold. Let's keep walking." We left and continued down the streets, chattering and admiring the tall buildings and as it got darker, women stepped out in outrageous heels, tight dresses, dolled up for a night at the club, and restaurants lit romantic candles. Clubs began playing disco and mainstream music, the sidewalk trembling under the beats, and downtown came alive as the sun shimmered over the tallest skyscraper and then dissolved in the misty blue, tender pink sky.