Chapter Thirty Four

My Marshall minions, here's Chapter Thirty Four!(: I hope you liked it as much as I did, and I spent hella time on it. ;P Anyway, that's not important, so go ahead and get reading. Make sure to check out the author's note at the end, and here is a link to a great song I really think relates to Dri and Marshall!(;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mktKCuAeq64

---

The weekend passed uneventfully, and it was Monday after work that I rushed home, changed speedily, and got on the road. When I arrived at the Mathers estate, I was allowed on the grounds by now the familiar security guards, parked my car, and entered the mansion after knocking once, to find the door was unlocked. Immediately, Hailie and Laney recognized the weight of my footsteps from where they were and joined me in setting up all the materials hurriedly for the party.

When the process was complete, everything was ideally in place. Flawlessly shaded blue streamers hung from the ceiling, and the designated party area had been decorated. My small but meaningful gift had been concealed within the folds of my purse, and I adjusted the last corner of a banner that declared gleefully "Happy Birthday, Marshall!" whilst balancing on my tip-toes. As I spun on my heels and inspected the television room, Hailie and Laney began setting the drinks and various food options on the coffee table, with a numerous amount of other options stretched out on the kitchen bar. When we had all finished, we examined the room critically.

"Looks pretty good to me," Laney remarked.

"I think so too," Hailie mused. "He's still in the shower so just in case we don't like something, we still have time to fix it."

"It looks fine," I assured. "What time is it and when will the guests be here?"

"It's 6:39. The guests will be here around 7:00. Where's Whitney?"

"Upstairs, she's dressing," Hailie replied to her sister.

"Do I look okay?" I sighed, suddenly anxious about my image. For the special event, I'd selected a pair of darker-wash skinny jeans, a pin-striped light blue and white striped shirt, and simple white flats. My hair was straight, cascading down my upper back and ending approximately around my shoulder slope. Marshall had told me to dress casually, because the event was one they all took part in annually, but I'd still taken the extra time to appear as presentable as possible.

"Beautiful," Laney soothed while Hailie winked coyly.

"Aw, thank you. Who's coming again?" Flushing a tad, I wringed out my hands anxiously, repeating the information in my head. I was determined to make this party spectacular.

"Dad's half brother is sick and can't make it. Yelawolf is busy, so is Royce, and I think everyone in D12 is doing their own thing except for Bizarre, who's coming. They already called and wished him happy birthday though."

"Wait, your father has a half-brother?" I was taken aback. Marshall had never mentioned him previously.

"Yeah, he's about your age, a few years older. He has a room here and sometimes he's around, but he's a rapper too, so he's traveling around, trying to get his name really out there," Hailie informed.

"Jesus, with all this rap in the family, you guys should be rappers," I joked. They both wrinkled their noses and made a gagging noise identical to one another. It amazed me that they weren't biological siblings and still so related in many ways.

"I love Dad, but I kind of wanna be an actress," Hailie stated.

"You would be a great actress." Turning my back to them momentarily, I adjusted all the lovely decorations and took a deep breath. "Did you finish the scrapbook, Hay?"